Finding almost three hundred skilled people for a global semiconductor company
In 2009, Quanta was engaged by a global semiconductor organisation which was based in the Netherlands. The client had a large, high-tech manufacturing facility with around 3000 employees and contract staff working on site.
This facility is state-of-the-art and its manufacturing capability and processes were constantly being evolved to meet the demands of a fast-changing technology sector.
The client required between 200-300 new highly skilled staff to work in its Netherlands manufacturing facility.
- Suppliers were in place but internal confidence in the process was poor. The programme had suffered six separate delays of more than a week’s duration (each costing around $100k). There was also a high use of, and dependence on, external contractors.
- Quanta set up a team to collaborate with all parties to create a service and performance baseline.
- Redeveloped the recruitment process and created a master resource schedule.
- Assigned internal resources to manage internal assignments.
- Reduced the volume of external suppliers.
- Defined and implemented robust performance management model.
- No further programme delays.
- Time-to-hire dropped from 3 weeks to 72 hours.
- Internal staff utilisation rose from 7% to 34%.
- Annual spend was reduced by $2.7m.