Automation Project Manager
One of our global Pharmaceutical clients is looking for an Automation PM to join their team. The site is renowned for manufacturing excellence and plays a vital role in the company's large-scale biotech operations worldwide.
- Reporting to the Associate Director for Automation, specifically responsible for Management of discrete capital projects encompassing Automation Systems on site.
- The candidate will work closely with other disciplines on site and with above site teams to ensure successful delivery of the overall program.
(Functions include, but are not limited to, the following)
- As the Automation Project Manager, you will be responsible for successful delivery of the project.
- Partner with local business leadership and project teams to deliver scope for Automation aspects of capital projects bringing knowledge of Automation technologies and the Manufacturing Systems Architecture
- Financial accountability for Automation Spend
- Understand and educate local project teams on automation standards as they relate to technology selection, system configuration, SDLC, validation, hardware, software environments and business processes
- Close liaison with Process Engineering Lead and Engineering Contractors
- Drive efficiencies in execution of projects to reduce costs and cycle times based on standards
- Engage with stakeholders at all levels of projects, including active participation in Project Steering teams
- Ensure that SDLC is appropriately applied
- Assist with recruitment of AIT project team, day to day management of team members.
- Manage and control change within the project to critical project constraints.
- Work closely with vendors of Automation equipment to ensure deliverables meet project requirements, including the interfacing of new Automation equipment with existing site systems, incl. MES and PI Historian.
- Work closely with the QA-IT and CSV functions and ensure their requirements are met in all deliverables.
- Develop project schedules and document trackers to manage and control project deliverables.
- Liaise with stakeholders on the overall project to ensure clear communication between all parties.
- Ensure Automation compliance with Global Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, regulatory requirements and execute current Good manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the performance of day to day activities and all applicable job functions.
Knowledge, Skills, Education & Location Requirements:
- Degree in Engineering, computer science or a related discipline. An advanced degree would be advantageous.
- 10+ year’s experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing industry, including minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Project Management certification would be desirable (e.g. PmP or PRINCE2)
- Experience managing multi-functional teams to meet project goals.
- Experience delivering projects using one or more of the following systems: ABB DCS (MOD300, Advant, 800XA), Emerson DeltaV or other DCS. Experience with the following systems would be advantageous; OSISoft PI, Warem PasX, Allen Bradley PLC/SCADA.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in the use of the following Microsoft tools: Excel, SharePoint, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Relevant Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent
- Previous experience of API manufacturing will be advantageous.
- Previous experience working with MSD will be advantageous.
For further information and a confidential conversation please apply!
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta part of QCS Staffing does not sponsor Visa applications.
Piping Black Utilities Lead - Global Biopharmaceutical Client - USA Our client is making a significant capital investment for a new biologics facility in the USA and requires a Piping Black
Junior Engineering Manager - Global Biopharmaceutical Client - USA Our client is making a significant capital investment for a new biologics facility in the USA and requires a Junior Engineering
Senior Process Engineer (CIP & Support Equipment) - Global Biopharmaceutical Client - USA Our client is making a significant capital investment for a new biologics facility in the USA and requires
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.