Cable Protection System Engineer
This vacancy has now expired
• Prepare technical requirements for cable protection systems and manage structural cable design investigations
• Support the procurement team in evaluating the technical compliance of various CPS in terms of design, testing, installability and the reliability of the CPS to protect the cable system during its lifetime
• Oversee and review Ultimate Limit State (ULS) and Fatigue Limit State (FLS) analysis of the cable system. Utilize Orcaflex and perform fatigue studies based on in-house tools.
• Ensure that all interfaces towards other departments are managed in accordance with technical best practice • Lead the development of technical levers in collaboration with CPS suppliers to optimise costs and time schedules.
• In addition, one of your primary responsibilities will be to participate in technical and commercial negotiations as well as interfaces handling meetings.
• Have a master’s degree or PhD in mechanical engineering or similar
• Have extensive experience working for a cable protection system supplier, an umbilical supplier, an oil and gas company or a consultancy company
• Have detailed knowledge of ULS/FLS analysis and ISO standards for polyurethane-based bend stiffeners/restrictors and buoyancy modules
• Have in depth knowledge of Orcaflex and fatigue assessments of subsea flexibles
• Have a proven background in both technical and commercial aspects related to dynamic cables/umbilicals/pipelines/risers, protection systems and buoyancy modules
• Have a proactive and systematic approach to the technical tasks across the department.
Please APPLY for more information!
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta Consultancy Services does not sponsor Visa applications.
Any Senior Array Cable Engineers out there looking for a new role? We have an opportunity for a Senior Array Cable Engineer to start a year long freelance contract role, from 18 th November 2019 up
Are you looking for another role as a Regulatory Affairs Specialist? We are looking for Senior Regional Regulatory Affairs Associate to work for our Hertfordshire client who is global a global
Do you relish the opportunity to work with a global radiopharmaceutical organisation based in London? If yes, then this is the assignment for you! Our client that specialises in producing
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.