Capital Procurement Consultant
Do you relish the opportunity to work with a leading Irish based Biologics manufacturer? If yes, then this is the assignment for you!
Our bio-tech client with manufacturing facilities in and around Dublin, is currently investing significantly in their manufacturing programme. Building state-of-the-art facilities, utilising high-technology and next-gen processes to produce drugs that are distributed throughout the Globe. Their sites are easily reachable by a major airport and has excellent transport links throughout.
The client is currently seeking the expertise of Capital Procurement Consultant
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for this Capital Procurement Consultant role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Meeting the Global and Site Procurement Representatives, understanding roles and responsibilities within the Team.
- Where applicable, taking over CAPEX projects and related procurement tasks from the former project procurement lead finishing his engagement.
- Alignment on tasks with highest urgency with the Global and Site Procurement Representatives and responsible project managers and subject matter experts.
- Continuous cooperation with the relevant business functions and project management functions, key stakeholders, early indication of requirements towards specifications, bill of quantities, supplier communication, etc.
- Understanding the equipment and services list of Projects as well as highest priority items.
- Preparation of the tender documentation related to upcoming procurement events which shall be started as soon as the funding of the project is complete.
- Checking contract data base for existing and potential new master services agreements and finalisation of long list of eligible suppliers including contact information
- Preparing the Confidentiality Disclosure Agreements to be signed by suppliers
- Development and updating of the Procurement Planning Table based on the Equipment and Services
- Preparation and management of all CAPEX-procurement activities related to the Project
- Preparation of documentation (Specification - from the responsible discipline function, Instructions to Bidders, Price Sheet, Draft Agreement) related to the competitive selection processes
- Where required, obtaining the Single Source Justification form signed (strictly in compliance with the Procurement Policy)
- Executing competitive selection processes: sending out invites, providing clarifications, collecting and opening bids. Executing and leading bid evaluation: separate technical and commercial based on the previously defined evaluation matrix.
- Preparation of negotiation strategies and align with internal Procurement Team. Leading negotiations with suppliers and with the participation of the required subject matter experts.
- Managing purchase request approval by providing early heads-up to approvers, follow-up approval status and confirming purchase orders with suppliers.
- Provide summaries and reports on the savings
- Closing contracts with suppliers, arrangements, and confirmation of final payments. Final performance review with suppliers; lessons learnt discussed.
- Providing information to and cooperating with internal and external project stakeholders in line with the needs of the Project
- In particular in case of comprehensive CAPEX programs (e.g. planned Shutdowns) working together with the responsible global category managers to find synergies and generate cost reduction
- Reporting to the Project Manager and Project sponsors in compliance with the instructions of the Project Manager (weekly and monthly reports)
- Filing procurement documents in the document management system in the agreed format
- Proven track record of working within a Senior Procurement function across major capital projects within the Life Sciences sector. Strong understanding of procurement support model applied for CAPEX projects.
- Passionate individuals with extensive experience of delivering procurement activities from end-to-end; including strategy, market engagement, tender, negotiation, and award.
- Strong commercial acumen knowledge of the main players in the industry.
- Resilient and tenacious under pressure with an ability to think creatively to solve complex challenges with low levels of definition.
- Prior experience with Ariba sourcing system would be advantageous
If this role interests you, apply today!
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta part of QCS Staffing does not sponsor Visa applications.
Project Manager – Contract – Dublin - Pharmaceuticals Do you want to be part of one of the top 10 best companies to work for in Ireland? If so, this could be your chance! One of our global
Project Engineer - 12 Month Contract - Cork Quanta are looking to bring in a Project Engineer on an initial 12 month contract in Cork, Ireland. Our global pharma client have entrusted Quanta to
Laboratory Analyst – Pharmaceuticals – Tipperary - Contract Our Partner in Tipperary area develops and supplies the active ingredients and final formulated product for a range of innovative
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.