Cell Culture Scientist
Our client is seeking to recruit a Cell Culture Scientist as part of Manufacturing Science and Technology to support the commercial manufacturing of bio-pharmaceuticals in the area of cell culture.
Responsibilities include design, execution and analysis of seed train, bio-reactor and harvest experiments and their interpretation in regards to GMP manufacturing. The Upstream Scientist will participate in cross-functional teams and also work independently to meet high-visibility critical business objectives.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Problem solving of process related investigations,
- Preparation of study protocols and reports,
- Late stage process characterization,
- Support of product technical transfers,
- Evaluation of new process technologies through the use of scale-down models and in depth understanding of data from manufacturing
- As a Subject Matter Expert, the incumbent might also contribute to the preparation of regulatory filings.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- A MSc. in Biological or Chemical Sciences/Engineering is preferred or BSc. with 2-6 years of industry and/or academic experience.
- Knowledge of cell biology, protein expression, protein structure and function and experience with cell culture or fermentation laboratory activities are required.
- Candidates must possess good organizational skills and strong attention to details, excellent experimental/troubleshooting aptitude, and be self-motivated.
- Critical qualities include a high degree of initiative, good verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment while being able to prioritize.
- Due to the nature of cell culture projects, some weekend work is required.
Please apply today for immediate consideration!
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta Consultancy Services does not sponsor Visa applications.
Do you want to be part of one of the top 10 best companies to work for in Ireland? If so, this could be your chance! One of our global pharmaceutical clients is looking for an EHS Specialist to join
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.