This vacancy has now expired
Our Partner in Tipperary area develops and supplies the active ingredients and final formulated product for a range of innovative medicines at its manufacturing and R&D facilities. The plant, which has been operating in Tipperary for over 40 years, exports to over 25 countries around the world with primary markets being Europe, USA and Japan. They are seeking a Chemical Engineer to join the team on a contract basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for this Chemical Engineer role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Direct ownership of manufacturing process equipment and supply product processes.
- Process and equipment optimisation.
- Making recommendations and implementing measures to improve production systems, equipment performance, yields and quality of product.
- Interfacing with new product development groups to integrate new products into the facility.
- Execution of process development on existing products or new late stage clinical products including scale up to plant equipment.
- Identifying continuous improvement activities and leading or participating in cross-functional teams to implement.
- Supporting activities in the areas of cost reduction, process efficiency and operational excellence.
- Providing on-the-floor technical support to the Production Team Leaders for process/equipment optimization and troubleshooting.
Requirements as a Chemical Engineer:
- An honours degree in Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in API production or related environment
- Ability to plan, prioritise and effectively manage time, meet deadlines and produce quality deliverables.
- Decision making - analyses issues from different points of view, able to draw accurate conclusions from analyses to support decision making and make timely decisions.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement either in business systems or product development. Demonstrated ability to be self-driven with respect to implementing identified improvement initiatives.
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta part of QCS Staffing does not sponsor Visa applications.
QA Specialist – 12-month contract - Dublin Do you want to be part of one of the top 10 best companies to work for in Ireland? If so, this could be your chance! One of our global pharmaceutical
11 month contract- Dublin- Process Engineer Do you want to be part of one of the top 10 best companies to work for in Ireland? If so, this could be your chance! One of our global pharmaceutical
Ireland is a hive of activity for the Life Sciences Sector at present with global players setting up new and expanding existing manufacturing facilities all over the Country. An exciting opportunity
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.