This vacancy has now expired
Work Pattern: 3 weeks on, 1 week off rotation
Location: Will be based on any of the clients projects in Republic of Ireland for the first 6 – 12 months and then will be moved across to projects in Northern Europe
Extras: Site or hire vehicle provided and accommodation provided for the duration of the project
- The Commissioner’s job purpose is to take a wind turbine generator (WTG) from a mechanical state into an early operational state including all associated tests and verifications of equipment condition for safe turbine operation.
- It is the role of a Commissioner to turn a post inspected turbine, into a safe power generating and quality operational state ready to handover not only to service but also to the customer.
- To achieve this, all commissioning activities are to be executed in a safe manner considering the highest standards of safety, quality and efficiency.
- Ensure that all commissioning activities and tools comply with general company HSE regulations and specific HSE regulations for construction sites.
- Responsible for the safety of himself, his partner and other stakeholders affected by their work.
- Responsible for accurate completion of all commissioning documentation and report the commissioning status to site management.
- Commission the turbine and its associated assemblies.
- Report quality, status and progress issues to the site management and Lead Commissioner.
- Rectify defects during the commissioning process. The windfarm control systems and site communications readiness.
- Support on Technical problems during the Project Management phase.
- Responsible for Condition Monitoring Commissioning and testing.
- Conduct Pre commissioning inspections to ensure turbine readiness.
- Issue of Q-Notes / non-conformity reports (NCR) during commissioning period.
- Order parts required for repair through site management.
- Report quality deviations for input into the uniform snag list.
- Fix minor quality issues (e.g. cabling problems) upon identification
- Forward commissioning report for the converter to the converter manufacture (for warranty reasons).
- Capture data and parameters prior to operational release and send to the Head of Commissioning.
- Carry out independent fault analysis and repair minor faults to the equipment, with feedback to the Site Manager.
- Coordinate with the Site Manager the activities related to the switch-on and switch-off operations of the WTG/WF.
- Previous experience as a Commissioner
- Experience in Technical report writing
- Experience in electrical / mechanical installation, voltage testing, quality management
- Experience in programmable control systems
- Experience with torqueing, bolt stretching and lifting equipment
- Strong Technical Knowledge of Wind Turbines
- As a minimum – Substantial experience as an Electrician or Service Technician
- Qualified to Engineering Level (HND / HNC) or Degree or equivalent.
- Completed Commissioning training (off and on the job)
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Fluent in English
- Health and Safety (LOTO / WTRS)
- Computer literate, able to use MS Office, Excel Word, Project, Powerpoint
- Physically and mentally fit – able to work at heights
- Excellent fault finding and problem-solving skills
- Systematic problem-solving
- Health and safety aware
- Able to work with complex systems and processes
- Able to work in or lead a Team
- Willing to travel on regular basis, including weeks away from home. (3 weeks away, 1 week at home)
- Willing to work shifts, overtime, sometimes at short notice
- Must have a “can do” attitude
If this sounds like an opportunity that you could thrive in, get in touch today!
Quanta are looking for Onshore Wind Asset Managers to support one of our clients in their London office with the management of a portfolio of onshore wind assets. Are you happy to be based in
This position gives you the opportunity to work with one of the world’s leading companies within the wind industry. After 30 years success in the wind industry, subsidiaries in over 25 countries
We are working with one of the world’s leading transportation to help them identify a Spanish speaking Project Manager to join their team in Madrid. The role will involve travel time of
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.