Construction Management Lead
Our client is making a significant capital investment for a new biologics facility in the USA and requires a Construction Management Lead to work on the multi-billion-dollar project.
- The main purpose of the role for the Construction Lead is to coordinate construction activities and oversee the EPCM contractor and Civil Contractors.
- The Construction Lead is working with the external suppliers, and with the User team to provide clear design deliverables for construction. He is working in conjunction with the Project Manager who has overall responsibility for an integrated design.
- The Construction Lead is responsible to ensure the scope and deliverables set out for all construction activities are met.
- Direct oversight of the Construction Management firm (CM)
- Safety and Environmental- Act as a champion for safety including striving for zero incidents and accidents and driving the project's safety culture. Assure all work meets safety and environmental regulations and project procedures. Lead/participate in incident reviews involving contractors.
- Subcontracting – participate in tender meetings and approve CM contract awards
- Planning – lead the development of construction execution plans
- Site Change Control – directly responsible for the completion of change control documentation and review prior to construction
- Schedule - Drive construction schedule effort.
- Monitor progress against plan and report schedule deviations to the Project Manager. Develop and implement schedule recovery plans as required.
- Documentation – ensure the completion and quality of construction check records, as-built deliverables and turn-over packages.
- 10 years’ experience in Construction Management in the pharmaceutical, chemical, petrochemical, manufacturing, or similar industries required
- BS in either Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Construction Management is strongly preferred
- Track record of successful completion of projects of a similar size and nature
- Knowledge, appreciation and proven experience of working in strongly regulated GMP environment.
- Interpersonal skills: Relates well to all levels and kinds of people; Able to build
- appropriate rapport; Listens well.
- Self-starter; Results driven; Anticipates/initiates and implements solutions; proactive.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills and demonstrated ability to work in
- a team environment.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to perform multiple tasks at a high level of
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta part of QCS Staffing does not sponsor Visa applications.
CQV Lead Drug Substance Upstream & Downstream - Global Biopharmaceutical Client - USA Our client is making a significant capital investment for a new biologics facility in the USA and requires a
Waste Systems WPO - Global Biopharmaceutical Client – USA Our client is making a significant capital investment for a new biologics facility in the USA and requires a Waste Systems WPO to work
CSV Lead - Global Biopharmaceutical Client - USA Our client is making a significant capital investment for a new biologics facility in the USA and requires a CSV Lead to work on the
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.