This vacancy has now expired
A rare opportunity to join the Legal and Contracts Management team at a global leader within the energy from waste sector. This position would be ideal for anyone that to join an organisation that will help grow their career, that has experience of managing teams and the relevant NE3 contracts experience.
South East (Greater London Area)
- Commercial, legal, and contractual representation and management of assigned execution projects
- Establish contract summaries and briefings for use by the project execution team
- Establish a sound and cooperative relationship with counterparts in client / consortium
- Participate and act aligned with Project Director and business management during regular and commercial meetings with client and/or suppliers
- Support project procurement and help develop project specific purchasing conditions
- Overall lead and proactive management of all contract administration and commercial activities
- Leads Site Commercial Manager / QS team or covers responsibilities as appropriate
- Proactively pursue the optimal resolution of internal and external commercial challenges and opportunities. Take the lead in any formal dispute with legal support.
- Prepare and ensure that contractual correspondence is maintained and that clients contractual position is protected.
- Primary point for project contract and legal support, and all commercial aspects - coordinate project matters with legal, insurance, tax and accounting experts
- Advise on payment procedures in accordance with the contract and applicable legislation (Client and subcontractor)
- Manage project bonds, guarantees and insurance.
- Contractual administration of change management under client and consortium partner contracts and preparation of commercial notifications
- Manage and coordinate commercial claim activities to or from client in alignment with the business. Advise on claims for subcontract packages, in coordination with relevant work package holder and procurement.
- Analyse and report on project risks and proactively participate in the identification of risk reduction measures
- Review budgets and cost to complete together with project team
- Assertive, diligent, detail and solution orientated
- Commercially aware with experience in change management and producing and defending claims
- Competent negotiator and able to convincingly carry complex arguments
- Flexible and independent while working within company policies and standards
- High ability to work in a structured way
- Project construction site experience
- Takes responsibility and actively participates in finding solutions
- Qualified quantity Surveyor or legal training
- 5 years of experience in construction of industrial plant project delivery
- Proficient with standard form and bespoke contracts - NEC and FIDIC an advantage
- The individual will demonstrate reliability, high ability to work under pressure, social competency, ability to manage conflict, assertiveness and will be service oriented.
- The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature of the work and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities. A high degree of flexibility and cooperation is required.
- Performance of the role must be in accordance with applicable Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality (HSEQ) legal requirements and Management System requirements
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta part of QCS Staffing does not sponsor Visa applications.
Quantity Surveyor - Permanent - Surrey - Energy from Waste Quanta are supporting an international EPC with multiple projects in the UK. We are looking for a experienced QS to join the team for a
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.