Do you want to work with a world leader in offshore wind? This opportunity is currently available to a 400kv Control Engineer. Our client are a leader in the offshore wind industry owning and developing projects across all major and emerging offshore wind markets.
They are a long-standing market leader in the industry who have built an enviable track record of delivering green energy projects offshore. Now they are currently seeking a 400kv Control Engineer to join them for an exciting project within their portfolio.
As part of the team, you will play a key role in the HV sector and therefore must possess a track record of delivery in similar positions for offshore wind projects. Roles are available across 14 on 14 off shift patterns.
- Switching activities on sites for both on and offshore activities including planning, preparation of switching schedules and overseeing safe & successful execution
- Monitor, control, and report in the SCADA system for the complete HV network up to 400kv
- Review HV scope of work, managing the scope for wind farm operation and leading interface with National Grid
- Manage and control a log of all activities on site controlling all safety documents for the Electrical Safety rules ensuring compliance for all works
- Control and manage all HV operations on site including management of outages and High Voltage network control
- Advise on operations involving HV installations to WTG, offshore substations, submarine, and onshore cables
- Following code compliance in the relevant country, in this instance UK.
- Electrical qualification relevant to the authorisaation scope of a 400kv Control Engineer as well as Control Room procedures required by National Grid
- GWOs inc: HUET, CA-EBS, OGUK Medical and Chester Step
- Several years of operation and experience with HV, offshore experience is preferred
- Several years experience with SCADA
If this sounds of interest then please apply ASAP, deadline for consideration is 15 Jan 2021.
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta part of QCS Staffing does not sponsor Visa applications.
Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) Commissioning roles – Leading Offshore Wind Company – 1 Year Contract in UK Do you want to work with a world leader in offshore wind? This opportunity is
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.