Controls and Instrumentation Engineer
A global Biopharmaceutical company require a Controls & Instrumentation Engineer who has in the past worked as part of a project matrix organisation to deliver Complex projects within an operational facility. The role of the Controls & Instrumentation Engineer will be to manage the C&I activities on multiple upgrade projects at one of their campuses, based in Denmark.
Reporting into the C&I Manager, This individual will be responsible for the delivery of the C&I activities within a live Drug Substance manufacturing facility.
The successful C&I engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Responsibility for reviewing design, vendor selection, procurement and construction management of instrument & control systems across the facility – planning through to qualification phases.
- Review P&IDs, instrument lists, datasheets, sequence of operations, installation details, layouts and all associated design documents on detail design phase.
- Evaluate vendor’s bidding documents and manage vendor shop design.
- Review specification of control system, field instrument, control valve and installation.
- Technical & constructability input to design reviews, schedule development and cost challenges.
- Works closely together with Automation, Process engineers and OEM Vendors to ensure deliverables are ready in time for the different milestones throughout the project.
- Participating in design reviews, monitoring technical and compliance and ensuring that all scope changes from original design are tracked and processed in the correct manner.
- Capability to define and set technical direction for the I&C Vendors & Contractor Teams.
- Min. of 10 years’ experience in the Biotech environment delivering I&C design / commission / start-up.
- Process understanding of production processes used in upstream, downstream processes, CIP, environmental management and Utilities and have knowledge of automation system architectures.
- Ability to constructively challenge, defend and present technical aspects of system design.
- Must have experience of engaging with Stakeholders/ User Groups/ Procurement/Suppliers.
Please apply today for immediate consideration!
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta Consultancy Services does not sponsor Visa applications.
Piping and Layout Lead / Denmark / Global Pharmaceutical Client / Contract position We are looking for a Piping and Layout Lead to support our client on a significant expansion project. The
Utilities Lead – Denmark – Contract – 12 months – high profile project A global Biopharmaceutical company require several Utilities Leads who has in the past worked as part of a project
Structural and Civil (CSA) Lead - Contract - Denmark - Pharma Are you interested in working for a global pharmaceutical company during a huge expansion project? We are looking for an
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.