Critical Shift Engineer
This vacancy has now expired
One of the UK's leading Data Centre facilities management companies are looking for a Shift Engineer at their customer site in Crawley with an Electrical bias. This individual will be responsible for the operation of the data centre, ensuring all environmental conditions are maintained at all times with regard to critical building systems.
- Review all sub-contractor RAMs issued and ensure all works are scheduled to be carried out in accordance with customer’s requirement
- Review contractor RAMS to ensure the risks to all hazards recognized are minimized by control measures stated.
- Carrying out continuous sub-contractor monitoring
- Updating of sub-contractor logbooks as required
- Ensure plant and system affected by the sub-contractor’s work remain in a stable condition and pose no risk to loss of cooling or power to the customer’s equipment
- Completion of plant rounds to ensure the smooth running of the data centre and highlight any potential plant failures in a proactive approach before a plant failure occurs
- Monitor BMS system and ensure the smooth running and operation of the data centre facility
- Respond to BMS system alarms and arrange/complete emergency repairs as needed
- Respond to reactive task/incidents when required
- Complete clear, concise and detailed shift reports
- 17th/18th Edition
- City and Guilds Minimum of 3 Years’ experience in a Facilities/Data Centre environment
- Highly demonstrable technical ability from either a mechanical or electrical perspective
- Electrical, BMS, PMS, UPS, chilled water & fire systems experience
- Knowledge of Data Centre Customer installations, such as racks, HVAC, cabling, cross connects, power, testing & customer acceptance
Get in touch, send the CV in and we can discuss further!
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta Consultancy Services does not sponsor Visa applications.
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.