We’re hiring now for a Data Architect to act as a subject matter expert and help revise enterprise conceptual, logical and physical data models for our international client. You’ll work from their modern office in the fantastic city of Valencia, Spain and join an international team of technical professionals delivering a range of IT services. This is an English-speaking role and will be long term, two years or more, starting in January 2020 following a single-stage Skype video interview.
We are specifically looking for someone that can live and work in Spain for the contract duration, someone that has the relevant technical skills (BI tools, AWS and public cloud) and someone that can communicate well with colleagues, managers, non-tech personnel and more.
As Data Architect you will:
- Create data models
- Revise data dictionary definitions, governance practices and standards
- Cover end-to-end data lifecycle management activities, evaluating and recommending new and emerging data management and storage technologies.
- Construct and develop Data Architecture solution as Data Warehousing or Data Lakes
- Develop data consumption and data storage platforms and data manipulation services using BI best practices.
- Work in a public cloud environment and with distributed environments.
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
You will have:
- Microsoft Data Certifications, AWS Big Data Specialist, Microsoft Data Management and Analytics or other certifications
- Experience in Business Intelligence, Data Management, Information Systems with on-prem and cloud technologies
- +2 years of data architect experience with construction and development of Data Lakes
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), web services, enterprise data management etc.
- Experience with enterprise data management technologies, including database platforms, ETL tools, and SQL
- Strong experience with Databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle
- Experience with tech such as Big Query, SQL, NoSQL, Data Warehouse, Data Lake, Hadoop, Oracle, Teradata, HDFS/Hadoop, Cloudera stack-Impala, Sqoop, machine learning, stored procedures, USQL, TSQL, ETL, scripting in Python, Tableau, Power BI or Qlik etc)
Valencia is a great location with an international airport, all year round great weather, long sandy beaches, plenty of activities, wonderful people, sporting events and a fantastically affordable cost of living. It’s a great place to live and work and the chosen candidate will definitely enjoy their time in the city and with our client - and it could be a very long time!
Please get in touch today to find out more about this role, or apply directly through our website!
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta Consultancy Services does not sponsor Visa applications.
Quanta is hiring now for a 1st/2nd Line Technical Support person to join one of our favourite clients at their Spanish office in Valencia! This is an English-speaking long term contract role a spart
An Azure Cloud Engineer is needed for an upcoming contract position based in Valencia, Spain. Working with an international organisation, you will be performing deployment and administration tasks
Recruiting now for a Web Developer with good experience in PHP and Drupal for a long term contract with an international NGO. The chosen developer will get involved in various complex projects and
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.