A Design Manager opportunity with a well-respected and established equipment manufacturer and industrial contractor is starting a new project which will need assistance with the design management. This is a 12 month contract in Central Scotland to start ASAP. A new build power plant with a 2 year construction schedule.
The ideal candidate needs to have experience within the construction and power sector with a civils bias.
- Able to provide leadership to the design process on the energy from waste project
- Manage the interface between contractor and external subcontractors
- Utilize the innovation strategies available into projects where possible;
- Keep ahead of current technical issues and incorporate into schemes;
- Face to face interaction with clients when required;
- You will be expected to support, understand clients the requirements and obligations in the development of a building design;
- Manage the design process using your commercial contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise;
- Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice where appropriate;
- Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales.
- Great civils understanding and background
- Worked in a similar position on a large construction project previously
- Team Player.
- Commercial Awareness.
- Able to Priorities.
- Understanding and interpreting the clients’ requirements.
- Ability to develop, manage and maintain successful relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to understand and answer design related questions.
- Good knowledge of Building Regulations.
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD design software
- Strong time management and communication skills
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta Consultancy Services does not sponsor Visa applications.
Quanta is currently supporting an international specialist in waste treatment and waste-to-energy solutions, Its teams design, build and operate turnkey plants for the treatment of household waste and
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.