Electrical & Control Engineer
Our leading Life Sciences client based in Leicestershire are seeking the support of an Electrical & Control Engineer. This role will be site based and full time. This position will be reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, supporting the engineering function in day to day operational and minor project works to support productivity.
- Responsible and accountable for electrical standards on site
- Ensure that current and future installations are both safe and compliant with all current and future legislation.
- To ensure and be responsible for all site electrical drawings and associated documentation.
- Gap analysis and plan for completion where information is not up to date or missing.
- To actively support site productivity performance and improvements and minor project delivery.
- To offer prompt electrical fault finding and troubleshooting support for all site plant, equipment and infrastructure for the electrical technicians and engineering team.
- Work to develop sustainable maintenance schedules.
- Set both standards and procedure for site to enhance operational efficiency and safety e.g. installation standards, control philosophy, infrastructure and architecture for future investment.
- To offer support for instrumentation and PLC matters as required.
- To organise, supervise and co-ordinate third party electrical contractor support when required.
- Degree or equivalent qualified in either an Electrical and or Instrumentation background.
- Full working knowledge of current legislation and how to apply it within an operational environment ATEX, DSEAR, SIL, LOPA, HAZOP etc.
- Management experience within an engineering team environment including performance management, team development and performance measurement – KPI's.
- Working knowledge of instrumentation and control architecture systems such as, mass, temperature, pressure, level and flow.
- Knowledge of PLC control systems, HMI and data capture for use in operation improvements.
- Proven track record in a manufacturing environment
- At least 5 years on-site experience at a chemical processing/manufacturing facility or similar environment
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of current and future regulations in force in this environment.
- COMPEX Ex 12 & 14.
If you would like to learn more about this role, apply today!
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta part of QCS Staffing does not sponsor Visa applications.
Site Services Engineer - Permanent - Leicestershire Our leading Life Sciences client based in Leicestershire are seeking the support of an Electrical & Control Engineer. This role will be site
Mechanical Engineer - Permanent - Leicestershire Our leading Life Sciences client based in Leicestershire are seeking the support of an Electrical & Control Engineer. This role will be site based
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.