Helicopter Landing Officer
Specific responsibilities and work tasks
The HLO is appointed by the OSS Manager for any given daily helicopter operation to an OSS. The HLO has the overall responsibility for the safe operations on the helideck. The HLO shall be a part of the first flight and last flight to an Unmanned Helideck and once the helicopter has landed on the Helideck, the HLO will assume responsibility for the operations on the Helideck for the duration of the time the HLO is on the installation (OSS).
Helideck and Helicopter Safety
The safety of all personnel on the helideck is the responsibility of the HLO. The HLO must ensure that all personnel working on or moving about the helideck are briefed on the inherent dangers associated with helicopter rotor blades, engine air intakes and exhausts.
• Assist in Humberside airport.
Note: Before first flight to an Unmanned helideck, the HLO shall ensure that the remote weather report and helideck status report has been made by the MHCC and received a copy.
• Ensuring pre-operational and post-operational helideck checks, including fuel system checks, are carried out.
• Ensuring that, on receipt of information regarding helicopter arrivals, facilities are ready to receive the aircraft.
• When on the OSS ensure that an announcement is made over by Public Address (PA) system to advise of helicopter arrival 10 minutes prior to arrival
• Ensuring firefighting and rescue equipment is serviceable and reporting any defects or deficiencies.
• Ensure that the Helicopter Pilot is informed in advance of the position of crane if not in stored position.
• Make sure that the Helideck Attendant (HDA) is in place and briefed.
• Ensuring that all passengers have received a helicopter safety briefing.
Note: When on the OSS/RCS and in case of a “new” helicopter passenger for the return flight, the “new” helicopter passenger should receive the helicopter safety briefing via the video copy in the welfare room on the OSS/RCS.
• The HLO shall ensure whenever a helicopter is on the helideck with its rotors running that, except in case of emergency, no un-authorized persons shall enter the helideck area.
• Ensure helifuel system is operational and sample the fuel and assist helicopter crew during refuelling operation.
• Helicopter Landing Officer Course (HLO)
• Helideck Emergency Response Team Member (HERTM)
• Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader (HERTL)
• Helicopter refueling training
• Alternatively, a recognized National HLO course that can replace the OPITO standard (must be accepted by Ørsted before contract signature)
• DG (Dangerous Goods) by air Awareness
• CAA Offshore Radio Operator's Certificate of Competence
• GWO training (incl. Chester Step)
• HUET training
• Technical training such as mechanic, electrician or similar
We need 2 HLOs every day on a 7-7 rotation with expected 11 hours work day:
• A work day will start at 07.00 am in Humberside,
• expected flight to HOW at 07.30 am,
• arrival at OSS at approximately 08.15 am,
• Start HLO work and support helicopter crew (see details below)
• Flight from OSS approximately 16.45 pm,
• Landing at Humberside 17.30 pm
• Finishing work at 18.00 pm.
Please apply for more details
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta Consultancy Services does not sponsor Visa applications.
Lincolnshire ( South Humberside)
Quanta are searching for 1 consultant who will be working as a Lead Site Technician on one of the world's largest offshore wind farm. Tasks Include: -Responsible for the Site Technicians.
North East Lincolnshire
We have an exciting new role for a Consultant to work as an Onshore Cable Installation Manager for one of our leading renewable energy clients. This will be based in the North East of the Country and
Calling all Structural Engineers with Offshore Wind experience who are seeking opportunities with leading organisations based in Denmark with the opportunity to work on projects on a global scale.
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.