Junior Engineering Manager
Our client is making a significant capital investment for a new biologics facility in the USA and requires a Junior Engineering Manager to work on the multi-billion-dollar project.
Help manage a team providing client engineering input to support the design effort and subsequent phases for each of the following elements, throughout the project delivery lifecycle of a new Drug Substance high-capacity manufacturing facility:
This role will extend through preliminary & detailed design, construction, commissioning and verification/qualification, PV and start-up.
Responsible for leading a team of engineers tasked with designing the building & process equipment, while interfacing with an operations team that provide requirements into how the equipment should function. In addition, this team will interface with automation and verification colleagues to ensure streamlined start-up and handover of the facility to operations team members, as well as seamless integration into site engineering and automation systems.
- Team leadership of engineering group.
- Provide client technical engineering input to scope definition, specification and procurement for all process equipment.
- Review and approval of A/E firm engineering design deliverables.
- Review and approval of equipment package bid analyses.
- Provide engineering input into overall facility layout and design.
- Support input to the development of detailed capital project execution schedule.
- Provide engineering input into cost estimate preparation for the project.
- Manage process design quality and design change.
- Ensure design documents are maintained through project life-cycle for turnover.
- Develop general procedures, metrics and deliverables in support of successful delivery of the project objectives on time and within budget.
- Identify project risks and opportunities and propose mitigation plans.
- BS in Engineering Discipline (or equivalent).
- Experience of A/E Design Firm project execution.
- Minimum (15 years) biopharmaceutical engineering project experience.
- Previous experience in design of project >$100 MM required.
- Knowledge of upstream, downstream processes within either mammalian cell culture or vaccines manufacturing facilities.
- Direct operational experience within either mammalian cell culture or vaccines manufacturing facilities.
- Knowledge and experience of project execution for fully automated facility design.
- Knowledge of Delta V.
- Experience of facility design in a 3D Model / BIM environment utilizing integrated project delivery.
- Experience with 3D model and client design reviews.
- Experience of Equipment vendor package management and design coordination.
- Knowledge and experience of Bio-pharmaceutical commissioning & qualification.
- Good understanding of risk management methodologies, with a proven ability to apply in Bio-pharmaceutical operations.
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta part of QCS Staffing does not sponsor Visa applications.
CQV Lead Drug Substance Upstream & Downstream - Global Biopharmaceutical Client - USA Our client is making a significant capital investment for a new biologics facility in the USA and requires a
Waste Systems WPO - Global Biopharmaceutical Client – USA Our client is making a significant capital investment for a new biologics facility in the USA and requires a Waste Systems WPO to work
CSV Lead - Global Biopharmaceutical Client - USA Our client is making a significant capital investment for a new biologics facility in the USA and requires a CSV Lead to work on the
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.