Linux Systems Administrator
Single stage skype interviews are happening in December this year, and the selected candidate will onboard in early January and join a multinational team providing on-going support to Unix/Linux environments, automation projects and related tasks.
As a Linux System Administrator you will:
- Install and maintain Linux systems (Red Hat, Oracle Enterprise Linux, CentOS)
- Implement configurations related to kernel, storage, security etc.
- Propose and implement improvements.
- Perform regular OS patching activities.
- Identify and troubleshoot known problems and document solutions.
- Perform required tasks during maintenance windows & conduct periodic on call duties.
- Write and handover standard operations procedures to TIER1 support.
- Participate in the automation of standard infrastructure operations using Ansible
You will have:
- Proven experience in Linux system administration
- Strong experience utilizing UNIX shell
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP stack
- Experience in automating using Ansible
- Experience with Puppet and similar management tools (e.g. Red Hat Satellite, RH IDM, etc.)
- Experience with the common Linux service (Apache, MySQL, SMB, postfix, …)
- Strong process automation and optimization skills
- Scripting skills in tools such as Shell, Perl and Python
- Systematic problem solving approach accompanied by a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Excellent English communication skills.
Given the location of work, Spanish canididates are ideally suited however this is an international team and candidates from anywhere else in Europe are definitely welcome. Please note the preference of the client is for consultants to register as freelance in Spain and pay their taxes in country. We can help you with setting up in this way and once organised you get to work at a global client and enjoy all the things on offer in Spain's 3rd largest city: great food, excellent weather, loads of history, local drinks, good beaches, beautiful weather and much more.
If this role is of interest, please apply now.
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta Consultancy Services does not sponsor Visa applications.
Enterprise Monitoring Administrator role is now available with an international IT business in Valencia, Spain. Initially a 6-month contract, this opportunity could extend to two years or longer based
An Azure Cloud Engineer is needed for an upcoming contract position based in Valencia, Spain. Working with an international organisation, you will be performing deployment and administration tasks
Messaging Engineer contract role based in Valencia, Spain, available from January 2020 and likely to last until 2021 or longer! The successful candidate will focus on Microsoft Exchange and
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.