Linux Web Administrator
Single stage skype interviews are happening in April with the start date set for mid May or June 2020.
The Linux Web Consultant’s duties will include:
- Administration of system/software configurations and troubleshoot Linux/Open Source based environment issues, in close collaboration with Application Development teams.
- Document and improve processes
- Perform system administration of web and application servers.
- Provide recommendations on configuration improvements.
- Analyze and identify key areas for automation and optimization
- Develop system tools and utilities (e.g. scripts) to support the web infrastructure.
- Coordinating maintenance and outages with infrastructure and business groups
You will have:
- 3+ years experience with web application administration and especially Python.
- Deployment of Application code upgrades/updates/hotfixes based on defined procedures.
- Expert knowledge of Open Source Web Servers like Nginx, Tomcat, Apache and WSGI interfaces like gUnicorn.
- Experience with Docker Containers.
- Expert scripting knowledge of Django, Python.
- Experience with Open Source RDBMS - MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL including key-value data stores like Redis.
- Hands-on experience with the administration and setup of task queues with Celery and RabbitMQ
- Good knowledge about web & applications performance monitoring.
- Prior experience in System Administration and operating systems (Linux/Windows).
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta Consultancy Services does not sponsor Visa applications.
Long term contract in Spain with a global company providing VDI support to a variety of international end clients, kicking off in May 2020 following a single stage Skype interview. This is an
AWS Cloud Engineer contract, international client, work remotely to start, then relocate to Spain when possible. Start May, 6 month initial contract plus long term extensions. English speaking. AS
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.