Your Oracle DBA activities will include:
- Technical support, management and new solutions for Managed Oracle Database Hosting services.
- Design, install, configure and support Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC).
- Implement backups using RMAN, disaster recovery using DataGuard, monitoring using Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Apply database patches, updates and perform upgrades.
- Provide problem resolution (functional bugs, performance issues, etc).
- Assist with disaster recovery tests, performance tuning, monitor capacity and perform routine support activities.
- Provide standby and on-call support as and when required.
You will have:
- Installation and administration of Oracle Databases with a minimum of 5+ years as an Oracle DBA.
- Good experience supporting Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) including Standalone / Stretched / Distance / Extended Clusters.
- General Oracle database troubleshooting experience including production performance issues.
- Experience with SQL and PL/SQL development.
- Knowledge of performance tuning tools like AWR, ADDM, EM, ASH etc.
- Ability to live and work in Valencia, Spain (or possibly Rome, Italy as the contract can also be based there).
Valencia is a great city and 3rd largest in Spain. It has an excellent beach, amazing food, beautiful weather, modern art centres, regular festivals and above all an incredibly low cost of living. If you want to enjoy all it has to offer whilst taking on a fantastic new career challenge then get in touch today.
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta Consultancy Services does not sponsor Visa applications.
Take on this AD role and join a multinational group of technical professionals at the Valencian office of our international client. There's long term work available and an opportunity to pick up new
Long term contract in Spain with a global company providing VDI support to a variety of international end clients, kicking off in March 2020 following a single stage Skype interview. This is an
Skype for Business Administrator contract available in Valencia, providing SfB and unified communication support to a global client and its international end customers. This is a long term
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.