Piping Black Utilities Lead
Our client is making a significant capital investment for a new biologics facility in the USA and requires a Piping Black Utilities Lead to work on the multi-billion-dollar project.
- Review and approve piping specifications, piping install specifications, passivation procedures, hygienic piping specifications, passivation plans, review piping supports and pipe rack designs.
- Assist in determining best main pipe routes and pipe route philosophy for the facility, assist with pipe clash detection via 3d model throughout the design phase. assist with system boundary definition for ease of commissioning.
- Responsibility specifically for Black Utility, cooling, steam, compressed air, gasses.
- Facilitate engineering and user requirements for the utility systems.
- Facilitate project job specification processes with A/E, the CM firm, contracting entities and end user.
- Facilitate and provide oversight of the reviews.
- Review and participate in 3D model reviews of facility and large equipment modules, work with master planners in assessing degree of piping progress. Review space coordination and equipment routing plans into the facility during construction phase. Participate in constructability reviews with site construction team.
- Review SOW for tendering of piping and mechanical packages.
- Develop piping handover package requirements with CQV team.
- Assist in review of selected contractor submittals and tendering advice in relation to the submittals from the main contracting engineering firm.
- 12+ years progressive mechanical, piping and black utilities experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry.
- This individual will have ideally worked to deliver a large-scale biopharmaceutical drug substance project previously – 300 million +.
- Knowledge of current Design codes for equipment and piping systems.
- Technical knowledge of black utilities systems and equipment, biotechnology processes and a working knowledge of FDA and EU regulations is preferred.
- Specifically, previous experience of black utilities design, specification, installation and qualification.
- Experience with Black Utility, cooling, steam, compressed air, gasses.
- Strong attention to detail and capable of performing detailed technical document and drawing checking as the job requires significant exposure to vendor document review, detailed assessment of vendor design accuracy and specification compliance.
- Computer Skills: MS Office with working knowledge of AutoCad.
- Familiarity with industry standard design and analysis software for stress analysis.
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta part of QCS Staffing does not sponsor Visa applications.
Senior Process Engineer (Media & Buffer) - Global Biopharmaceutical Client - USA Our client is making a significant capital investment for a new biologics facility in the USA and requires a Senior
Procurement & Contracts Specialist- Global Biopharmaceutical Client - USA Our client is making a significant capital investment for a new biologics facility in the USA and requires a Procurement &
Waste Systems Lead - Global Biopharmaceutical Client – USA Our client is making a significant capital investment for a new biologics facility in the USA and requires a Waste Systems Lead to
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.