Procurement & Contracts Specialist
Our client is making a significant capital investment for a new biologics facility in the USA and requires a Procurement & Contracts Specialist to work on the multi-billion-dollar project.
- Manages the Procurement process, including sourcing suppliers/vendors, negotiation, and associated administration required for the project.
- The Procurement Specialist is accountable for the smooth execution of all appropriate functions associated with procurement activities.
- Working closely with specific vendors key to the large-scale Biologics project – this will include equipment vendors primarily.
- Work closely with the project matrix organisation for categories during tendering, negotiations, contracting and vendor management processes.
- Identify and advise management of commercial risks inherent in quotations and purchase orders.
- Negotiate contracts with new and existing vendors, ensuring contract terms achieve benefit to the organisation and govern the long-term relationship with the supplier.
- Define and manage local supplier risk profiles.
- Prepare month end KPI reports, plans completed, savings identified & realised, evaluations completed. Actively lead in-group strategic sourcing initiatives, as directed by the Project Services Manager.
- Optimise supplier base to deliver improved quality and cost of service.
- Develop plans for key local suppliers with application of appropriate sourcing strategy.
An experienced Procurement and Contracts Specialist with strong project procurement experience, ideally gained from delivering large-scale Biologics/Pharmaceutical construction projects. They will have knowledge of modern supply chain systems including ERP and e-procurement, and a clear understanding of budgeting and forecasting.
- At least seven years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or a similar project environment including experience in procurement / commercial / contract management.
- Knowledge and working experience in SAP – including extensive user knowledge and preferably SAP project implementation experience.
- Knowledge and experience in applying lean methodologies.
- Demonstrated use of continuous improvement skills/tools.
- Good knowledge of MS Office systems, Outlook, Excel-Proficiency on Excel Pivots & Charts, Word and PowerPoint Presentations.
If this opportunity interests you, please apply today.
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta part of QCS Staffing does not sponsor Visa applications.
CQV Lead Drug Substance Upstream & Downstream - Global Biopharmaceutical Client - USA Our client is making a significant capital investment for a new biologics facility in the USA and requires a
Waste Systems WPO - Global Biopharmaceutical Client – USA Our client is making a significant capital investment for a new biologics facility in the USA and requires a Waste Systems WPO to work
CSV Lead - Global Biopharmaceutical Client - USA Our client is making a significant capital investment for a new biologics facility in the USA and requires a CSV Lead to work on the
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.