Procurement Category Manager
This vacancy has now expired
Category manager required to join a global biotech company on an initial 9 month contract to support the procurment team.
Starting ASAP they need someone to support the procurement team and be responsible for contract deviation with suppliers then managing the negotiations while the current team are focused on new projects.
Role and responsibilities
- Implement sourcing and value development roadmap and initiatives; contribute to strong supplier relationship management, including selective strategic partnerships with Global Product Manufacturing and Supply, Operations and also with GPS External Manufacturing in support of Contract Manufacturers.
- Implement sourcing projects, supplier negotiations, and supplier relationship opportunities and issues to implement best in class sourcing and procurement for this category. Contribute to annual budgeting process with year to year standard costs, budget variances and purchase price variance (PPV) metrics.
- As part of the Virtual Plant Team (VPT) with the Business Partners, jointly manage supplier relationships and business reviews to ensure all business objectives and long-term goals are met. (Including business process improvements and cost of goods reduction opportunities).
- Conduct rigorous analyses of data and gather critical market/supply base information for Drug Substance/Product, Packaging, e.g. benchmarking. In conjunction with Finance, perform cost modeling and total cost/value of ownership analyses including cost benefit validations.
- Plan, coordinate, and administer the operational, financial, administrative, and technical functions of the sourcing & procurement process.
- Category Management
- Project Management
- Understanding and support of Supplier Relationship Management
- Strong numeracy, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent Negotiation skills
- Strategic Sourcing
- Familiarity with ERP systems (e.g. SAP and Ariba) an advantage
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills, MS Office suites
Required Qualification(s) and Desired Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in either a science or engineering or business related discipline and have a minimum of 3 years strategic sourcing and procurement experience within a multi-plant/multi-divisional environment.
- Project Management: Proven ability to successfully manage projects and resources and a proven track record in supplier implementation
- Experience in a Pharmaceutical manufacturing environment is desirable
- Experience leading cross-functional, cross-geography teams to achieve business objectives
- Purchasing and/or Supply Management qualification an advantage (e.g. APICS CSCP, ISM CPSM)
If you are interested in the above role, apply direct or get in touch with myself today!
Republic of Ireland
QA Specialist required to join a global biotech company in Dublin. QA support of manufacturing operations through commercial operations and any new product introductions. Implementation of
Automation Engineer / Contract / Dublin / 6 Months Quanta are looking for an automation engineer to support our client in their start-up/commissioning stage. We're working on a brand new
Republic of Ireland
An exciting new opportunity with a global biotech company has arisen. They need an downstream manufacturing technology scientist / engineer for an initial 12 month contract working on the new product
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.