Project Cost Engineer
With continued organisational growth and a considerable amount of investment across the portfolio and capital programme, they are seeking the expertise of a Project Cost Engineer to join the team on their site based in County Cork.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
Primary responsibility of the role is to provide timely and robust data related to cost to ensure appropriate and informed decisions can be made by project leadership. Cost engineering functions as follows:
- Directly interfaces with engineers and management as necessary for cost control monitoring, analysis, and reporting.
- Provide full assistance to the Project Cost Lead in all aspects of Cost Control Management and its applications with regards to commercial, technical, and services of the project. Prepares weekly and monthly inputs to Project Cost Reports as required.
- Assists with converting the Project estimate into the Control Budget and incorporating into the Project Cost System in accordance with the Work Breakdown Structure.
- Maintains integrity of the Cost Management database.
- Manage and maintain resource Schedules and cost estimates by discipline, cost centre and cost discipline.
- Ensures the Budget basis is understood by Project team.
- Facilitates the Change Management program by preparing Trends, Budget Shifts and Change Orders for review.
- Provides accurate Cost Coding for Purchase Orders, vendor invoices, subcontractor invoices, and verifies provided cost codes are recorded in the Accounts Payable system.
- Monitor and evaluate the day to day incurred cost (committed costs) against the budget for each Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and ensure that they are correctly linked and booked to each corresponding Cost Code or Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Provides timely support to project financial reporting and cash flow trending functions and the invoice/billing process as required.
- Independently provides accurate financial, cost reporting, trending analysis and recommends corrective actions.
- Responsible for cost analysis, development and presentation of cost impact analysis.
- Uses cost collection tools, develops and maintains cost and resource databases and reports.
- Complies with project controls procedures processes and systems to ensure that quality and consistency of data is maintained.
- Place Purchase Orders in SAP Ariba for various project packages and control/expedite the approval process.
- Implement appropriate control and progress measurement techniques allowing early identification of variances.
- Contribute to progress meetings as required, in support of the Project Manager.
- Regular interfacing and integration with the project controls team to maintain an aligned financial position with the Project Plan.
Candidate should be well grounded on all cost elements of major capital life science project, willing to be proactive and have an ability to run towards issues & challenges to resolve same and be a strong team player.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Surveying, Engineering, Construction Management, Business or equivalent level of industry-based experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a similar position within the life science sector on major capital projects.
- Demonstrated skill in identifying, analysing and solving problems as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Software Proficiency – Microsoft Office, advanced Microsoft Excel, previous Ariba and SAP experience, Primavera Unifier is advantageous.
- An ability to deal with process change and implement new effective processes and work through peers and across organisational boundaries and influence at all levels in the business.
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta part of QCS Staffing does not sponsor Visa applications.
EHS - Health and Safety - Global Phamaceutical Company - 6 month contract - County Cork One of our global Pharmaceutical clients is looking for a Safety Specialist to join their team close to the
Documentation - MIDAS - Trackwise - Global Pharmaceutical Company - County Cork - 8 months One of our global Pharmaceutical clients is looking for a Documentation Specialist to join their team
Our client, one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical organisations is responsible for developing and manufacturing medicines and vaccines for a wide range of medical disciplines. They
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.