Project Engineer M&E
This vacancy has now expired
This role is primarily to support the construction and commissioning of a Natural Gas plant in Wiltshire. This will be a broad and varied role, supporting the Senior Management Team in the delivery of an operational first of a kind plant that converts non-recyclable household black bag waste into a Substitute Natural Gas. TheNatural gas will be injected into the gas distribution network for use as a direct substitute for North Sea gas, or can be used as a transport fuel alternative to fossil diesel. The role will be partially desk based, with a significant portion of the employee’s time spent in the field coordinating and monitoring day to day activities, and where required engaging in testing, reporting and fault finding.
Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Work closely with the Contractors’ management representatives to coordinate works on site, ensuring the highest possible attention is paid to health and safety during the construction, commissioning and operational phases, and ensuring complete compliance with all regulatory obligations; CDM (2015) for example.
- Oversee and manage packages of work throughout the commissioning phase, primarily around the QA requirements and testing of Mechanical and Electrical systems. This will include the management of small groups of Contractors and Quanta's client operations staff where appropriate.
- Contribute to the engineering design, development and implementation of new and existing equipment, and comply with the needs of the change management process for the plant
Key abilities for job:
- Detailed knowledge and experience of process plant construction and commissioning.
- HNC or higher in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience of construction sites, including a working knowledge of CDM.
- Working knowledge of applicable technical and safety regulations, such as Electrical wiring/installations, pressure equipment directive, DSEAR, etc.
- First class ability to read P&ID, Technical Drawings, Electrical & Pipe Schedules.
- Ability to work safely, and to champion plant and construction site safety.
- Experience of contractor supervision and monitoring.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work independently
This role is primarily to support the construction and commissioning of the plant; however Quanta's Client has a strong desire to recruit driven individuals who want to advance their career with us beyond this specific role.
As a small team of professional individuals, we have strong aspirations for growth over the coming 3-5 years, and will be aiming to develop and grow our new team members to fill significant roles within the business in the future. We believe knowledge is power, and with a World First waste to energy offering and a very small field of competitors, we will not be able to recruit people knowledgeable in our field from the general marketplace. Our aim is to develop our staff to grow with us over time, and to drive our knowledge base and growth from within.
Cleaning Process Expert required to develop cleaning procedures for a global pharmaceutical organisation on an exciting CAPEX project introducing new technology to site. This role is a contract
We have an excellent opportunity for a Process Development Engineer to join a global Pharmaceutical company on an initial 6 month contract basis. You'd be working on the second largest CAPEX
An exciting permanent opportunity to oversee our client’s marine plant and associated equipment storage and movements in the South of England. You will be managing the safe and effective loading
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.