Competitive Salary + Bonuses
Date Posted20 Dec 2019
This vacancy has now expired
This position gives you the opportunity to work with one of the world’s leading companies within the wind industry. After 30 years success, subsidiaries in over 25 countries and a merger with another large name in the market, they hope to give employees the possibility for an international and intercultural experience.
We’re looking for someone that feels at home both in conference rooms and on construction sites and who find motivation from being able to facilitate improvements and developing effective co-operation through internal and external networks.
Our client is looking for a missing piece of their puzzle, namely an experienced Quality Manager.
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Travel: frequently required in meetings across Europe and on sites across Nordic Region
Work Pattern: Mon-Fri 40 hours per week
Key Note: In the first instance, we will be looking for a Quality Manager that has worked within the onshore wind sector in the Nordic Region previously. If you have Nordic experience please get in touch.
The Finnish team has grown from one person to the current 85 in a matter of 8 years and operates as a multi-cultural, multi-talented and unquestionably committed group that works hard and never forgets to inject some humour to the day!
As a Quality Manager you would be responsible for all quality and compliance topics for PM throughout projects, all the way from the sales phase to services handover. In this role you would be working closely with clients, subcontractors, site teams and internal stakeholders and departments to ensure from your part timely project execution where quality topics are solved at an early stage.
Key responsibilities and task in the role include:
- Responsible for all quality topics throughout a project lifecycle from the sales negotiation phase to hand over to Service
- Representing the PM department in client meetings from early on in the sales process and coordinating/driving internal efforts to solve quality topics
- Supporting the extended sales team by bringing clarity on feasibility of client requirements during the negotiation phase to ensure sound contractual demands
- Coordinating and participating to client Factory Acceptance Tests and other inspections and driving forward any actions / findings from such events
- Preparing and/or customizing Quality Control Plans, Project Execution Plan and Inspection Test Audit Plans
- Responsible for gathering, investigating and escalating issues internally to seek speedy and sustainable solution
- Being the single point of contact for site teams on quality related topics
- Support with NCR (Non Conformance Reports) creation, follow up and communication
- Creating quality awareness in the organisation through transparent communication
- Responsible to plan and coordinate client / supplier / authority audits in co-operation with QHSE, site teams and other stakeholders
- Coordinating a systematic client feedback process where project delivery is evaluated against client requirements and the results fed in to internal continual improvement efforts
- Regular review and analysis of major quality issues in alignment with other regional quality managers
- Regular reporting on quality topics to the regional Management team
- Identifying needs and opportunities for improvements and develop new efficient procedures and standards
In a combination that we feel would support both the business and you in you in this role we wish you would meet most of the below requirements.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with quality topics in a technical field, experience from the wind industry is naturally a big plus
- Experience working with compliance topics and preferably knowledge of Nordic compliance regulations relating to construction works
- Experience and enthusiasm towards working within an international context, with multi-national teams on a global supply base
- Experience working with and developing Quality Management Systems
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil Engineering or similar discipline
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- German or Nordic languages are considered a benefit
- Good computer skills are required, especially MS Office and MS Project
- Basic knowledge and appreciation of the technical, commercial and political aspects driving the wind industry
Excellent communication and leadership skills will support you in the role, for example in creating and fostering long-lasting networks both internally and within the industry which is one key element for success. Self-reliant take to work, strong interpersonal skills and pro-active attitude are elements that will push you forward, partly as this is a new role in the Nordic region so there isn't someone there who could tell you all the lessons learned and best practices during your first days.
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible, so if you are interested please don't wait in submitting your CV. The position will be filled as soon as we find the perfect match.
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta Consultancy Services does not sponsor Visa applications.
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.