Senior Lead Cabling Engineer
£30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Van plus more
Date Posted29 Sep 2020
This vacancy has now expired
Senior Cabling Lead - Leading IT Infrastructure business - Permanent opportunity
Our client, one of the UK’s most successful IT infrastructure businesses, are seeking a senior lead cabling engineer to represent the company and provide the high quality standards of work the company are renowned for.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Our client helps make people’s lives easier through the power of connectivity. This means you’ll be installing critical infrastructure in a variety of environments, ranging from mission critical data centres, smart buildings, prisons and defence establishments to name a few.
- As a lead field engineer you will be an integral part of the delivery team and will be the face of the business, ensuring work is carried out safely and to the high quality standards we expect from our engineers.
- You will need the ability to work independently and also demonstrate the ability to manage a team of engineers if required.
- You will also be assigned an apprentice to mentor on a daily basis.
- Our client are looking for someone with a proven industry track record of installing quality structured cabling and fibre optic solutions.
- You need high energy and enthusiasm for your profession with a strong emphasis on quality.
- You will need a driving license and have a willingness to travel across the UK or overseas on occasion but working predominantly within a 70 mile radius of your home location.
- You’ll have a minimum of 5 years’ experience of installing and testing structured cabling systems with demonstrable certifications such as CNET, BISCI or manufacture installation training. Further training will be offered as part of your onward development.
- They are looking for someone that will fit into the company culture and contribute to the positive and aspirational environment they're proud of. It’s vital therefore that you have a positive can-do attitude and a strong customer centric attitude to delivering work.
- It would be advantageous if you’re comfortable with computers utilising programmes such as Microsoft, Outlook and MS project databases and working with network hardware and wireless toolkits.
- As you’ll be in a highly visible role, professionalism and excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must, and it goes without saying, being highly organised, punctual and at ease working autonomously in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
If you think you have what it takes to join please get in touch.
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta Consultancy Services does not sponsor Visa applications.
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.