Senior Project Manager
One of the top 10 best companies to work in Ireland is looking for more engineers for their large-scale new facility north of Dublin. Is this you?
Senior Project Manager required to join a Global bio-tech company located in Dublin for an initial 12 month contract.
An exciting project there is lots of opportunity to learn new technology and develop current skills within a fast paced €1 billion project. This fantastic client offers the opportunity to work within a large-scale environment with cutting edge technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for this Senior Project Manager role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Accountable for meeting key project deliverables for safety, financial management, schedule management and scope management across these projects.
- Accountable for ensuring projects are compliant with good engineering practices, company policies, regulations, and codes.
- Liaise with Global Engineering/Global EHS/Global Procurement to ensure all are aligned and support project deliverables.
- Accountable for strict adherence to our client’s project stage-gate principles for managing the life-cycle of projects.
- Concept and Business Case development in collaboration with project Sponsor and End user, working with the end user to understand and clarify end user requirements, develop scope, cost and budget estimates and present to governance for approval
- Leading & supporting project teams through complex and significant projects
- Support and Mentor Junior/Intermediate PMs within the Projects Group.
- Financial management - develop project budgets, obtain approvals for and adhere to project scope. Negotiate with contractors and suppliers to keep project within budget. Make cash flow projections. Make effective use of SAP and budgeting tools.
- Manage project prioritisation and spend to meet budgetary targets
- Project Design - Design solutions in compliance with local/corporate safety standards and legislation and in compliance with corporate engineering and regulatory standards and guidelines
- Planning and Scheduling - uses planning tools to hold a complex project on schedule and coordinate parallel activities. Coordinate with facilities, EHS, QA, etc. Manage external factors such as planning and inspections.
- Assure that value engineering, construct-ability reviews and similar processes are effectively utilised to minimise capital expenditures and maximise functional value.
- Risk Management – Identifies and categorises project risks according to impact on scope, budget and schedule. Generates action plans to mitigate risks. Consider the potential impact construction and on time performance will have on the business should it cause an interruption and identify appropriate actions plans to mitigate risk.
- Project execution plan – Generate and deliver a detailed project execution plan concerning the execution of all aspects of the project.
- Procurement - Generate specifications for the procurement of equipment and Instrumentation, installation modification of equipment and systems, reduces equipment downtime. Collaborate with Procurement to ensure all procurement policies and procedures are followed.
- Innovation - seeks innovative and novel approaches for design, function and construction using operational excellence tools in improving approaches for these activities.
- Manage start-up and commissioning of all project equipment and systems as required
- Coordinate engineering support of validation activities for equipment and systems as required.
- Complete Project Close-out as per Stage Gate process.
- A degree in Chemical/Mechanical/Automation/Process Engineering and relevant experience the pharmaceutical industry
- A minimum of 7 years of project management experience across the project life cycle within a Pharmaceutical environment.
- Demonstrable capacity to effectively manage and execute projects from initiation to completion:
- Full project life-cycle experience from end-to-end design through to C&Q and handover.
- Understands the project management process, programming, scope development, design development, implementation, and project closeout.
- Demonstrable experience of managing a diverse team of engineering professionals/contractors etc. to deliver projects safely, on time and within budget.
- Solid background of planning and managing engineering projects with a demonstrated record of on time performance.
- Experience managing the overall financial performance of engineering projects, including cash flow, life cycle costs, business opportunities and risks, both at a project and at a portfolio level
- Familiar with project life-cycle stage-gate process.
- Demonstrated understanding of project management process, programming, scope development, design development, implementation, project closeout
- Background working in multi discipline, cross functional teams.
- Experience designing complex projects within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to effectively manage stakeholders
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta part of QCS Staffing does not sponsor Visa applications.
Project Engineer - Cork - 12-Months - €50-55 per hour Quanta are looking for a Project Engineer for a 12 month project in Cork. We're looking for someone with experience in facility expansion
Senior EHS Specialist – 12-month contract - Dublin Do you want to be part of one of the top 10 best companies to work for in Ireland? If so, this could be your chance! One of our global
Junior Mechanical Engineer - Contract - Dublin One of the top 10 best companies to work in Ireland is looking for more engineers for their large-scale new facility north of Dublin. Is this you?
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.