Competitive Salary + Bonuses
Date Posted03 Jan 2020
This vacancy has now expired
This position gives you the opportunity to work with one of the world’s leading companies within the wind industry. After 30 years success in the wind industry, subsidiaries in over 25 countries and a merger with another large name in the market, they hope to give employees the possibility for an international and intercultural experience.
As Site Manager, you will be the primary person on site for all site-related activities along the project execution phase from site establishment to the handover of the wind farm to the customer and Service Team. You are responsible for ensuring that all activities on site are carried out within the project schedule and according to HSE standards.
Location: Helsinki, Finland will be work base however Site Management work is carried out on Onshore Wind Farm sites that can be anywhere in the Nordic Region
Travel: Frequently traveling to sites and occasional customer meetings elsewhere
Work Pattern: Average 40 hours per week but 6 day weeks to be expected (if extra days / hours are worked, these can be accumulated and used as extra holiday days)
- Close cooperation with the Project Manager in planning, preparation, establishment and execution of the Project site
- Manage and monitor all aspects of health, safety and environment and technical requirements at the wind farm site including daily HSE briefings and inductions
- Manage the HSE systems such as permit to work systems, LOTO, UpVise etc.
- Make decisions regarding site activities and priorities on a daily basis
- First contact for all parties being active on site such as subcontractors, suppliers and any other personnel on site by building strong relationships
- Define time schedules for the management of the site and monitor and safeguard required level of quality throughout the erection, finishing and commissioning works
- Coordinate work tasks for individual parties on site
- Oversee and control civil, mechanical and electrical site works in anticipation with turbine delivery and in accordance with given time frame
- Manage and schedule the organization and replacement of resources, tools and material as well as manage site logistics and return cargo
- Lead the arrival at site, erection and commissioning of the wind turbines in order to assure the hand over to the customer and the service team on-time and in good quality
- Carry out quality inspections such as receipt of components on site
- Instruct, control and manage personnel at site, subcontractors and all suppliers at the site including erection and transportation companies
- Control costs and provide the Project Manager with all necessary reports and feedback regarding progress of works, claims, installed equipment, HSE and quality issues at site
- Manage and report KPIs
- Support the Project Manager and Commercial Project Manager in contract and claim management towards clients and suppliers
- Manage the interface with local residents and authorities, etc.
- Frequent travel within in Finland and abroad, longer periods away from home and 6 days working weeks are part of the job
- Other tasks: Further Site Management related tasks as required
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Site Manager in operative project execution and/or construction site management for complex technical projects, either in civil construction, manufacturing and plant engineering industry, the wind energy sector and/or similar industries (wind)/energy sectors.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in civil engineering/engineering
- Fluent in English and ability to speak another Nordic Language would be beneficial
- Experience of working in Nordic countries and knowledge of local requirements relating to Health & Safety & working Environment i.e BAS-U, in Sweden
- Basic knowledge and appreciation of the technical, commercial and political aspects driving the wind industry
- Good computer skills are required, especially MS Office and MS Project
- Excellent technical qualification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of working independently, however, with the support from and in permanent cooperation with the other members of the Project Management Department
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to deal with multiple issues concurrently
- HSE awareness
- Pro-active attitude
- Leadership skills
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta Consultancy Services does not sponsor Visa applications.
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.