Technical Maintenance Manager
This vacancy has now expired
The role of the Technical Maintenance Manager is to be both the technical lead across the maintenance program and to manage the maintenance team across all three technologies - Mechanical Treatment (MT), Anaerobic Digestion (AD) and Advanced Thermal Treatment (ATT). The Technical Maintenance Manager (in conjunction with the Account Director and Principal Operations Manager) will ensure that both planned and unplanned maintenance is carried out in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner.
The Technical Maintenance Manager will ensure all contract targets are met and all best practices and legal compliances for maintaining equipment are adhered to at all times.
The individual will have a broad knowledge of process engineering and continuous processes, either in waste recycling or manufacturing and an understanding of gasification. They will have experience in managing maintenance teams in a tightly regulated environment and ideally have a waste treatment background. The candidate should be confident in dealing with both statutory regulators, HSE, Environmental Agencies and engaging with stakeholders.
- Ensure that the Waste Recovery Plant is maintained allowing the facility to be operated at its optimum.
- Manage and develop the maintenance team ensuring that the plant is appropriately resourced, staffed and that the team are adequately trained to implement and deliver the requirements of the contracts. Ensure that on-going development and training needs of the team are identified and addressed.
- Manage the maintenance plan and PPM’s and reporting against targets.
- Produce forecasts of likely maintenance costs and contribute to company financial planning and budget development. Work within budgetary constraints for both revenue and capital spend.
- Oversee the recruitment and selection of Maintenance staff, ensuring that any recruitment is undertaken in accordance with company policy and relevant legislation.
- Ensure that the maintenance within the facility complies with all Health & Safety legislation and relevant company policies, including the published internal management and quality system (IMS) at all times. Work to ensure that any Health and Safety risks, risk to personnel or risk of damage to the environment are minimised.
- Maintain an awareness of developments within the waste processing industry and keep up to date with new technologies and changes in the applicable legislation. Undertake assessments of potential new ventures for the company.
- The post holder will have a waste treatment background with a broad knowledge of continuous processes either in waste recycling or manufacturing.
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Strong understanding of developing an effective safety culture and promoting continuous improvement while meeting business needs.
- Experience of working within the waste industry awareness of standards and regulations governing compost products.
- WAMITAB - Facility and Management Training
Our client, based in leafy Hertfordshire, is now looking for a Head of Drug Safety to join their team on a permanent basis. We are looking for candidates who would be able to manage and have overall
Our client, an innovative pharmaceutical organisation responsible for manufacturing unique therapeutic products within the EU and US are currently entering a period of exciting growth. Located within
Are you an experienced Systems Process Manager within the Life Sciences industry? Are you looking to further your career with an industry leading organisation? Then the position of Systems Process
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.