Virtual Systems Engineer/ Hypervisor Administrator
Duties will include:
- The resources provided by the suppliers will participate in the administration and operations of ICC VMware, Hyper-V and Oracle VM services, and more specifically will:
- Support the daily administration and design of a complex global multiple hypervisor infrastructure.
- Follow up on daily basis on service requests, incidents and changes.
- Create and manage content using different hypervisor managers; VMs, templates, roles and users.
- Perform installations and maintenance of VMware ESXi, Microsoft Hypervisor, and Oracle VM.
- Support the daily monitoring, reporting, alerting, and troubleshooting of complex environments
- Create and maintain detailed technical and graphical documentation using common tools
- Implement automation of virtualized environments using VMware APIs
- Develop and update standard operating procedures for common tasks.
- Proficiency with Microsoft SCOM and other monitoring tools for alerting and troubleshooting
- The scope of work includes “stand-by” services on a rotation basis during weekends, holidays and outside of normal working hours
- 4+ years of experience in system administration of Hyper-V and Windows
- Good knowledge of VMware 6.x infrastructure including ESXi, vCenter, and Horizon View.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V and SCVMM
- Good knowledge of shell scripting (PowerShell, Perl, bash, …)
- Good knowledge of Unix
- Knowledge of Storage Area Networks, LAN, WAN, ISCSI and Internet technologies and protocols
- Desirable: Knowledge and experience with Oracle VM.
- Desirable: Certifications: VMware, Windows, Linux
- Desirable: knowledge of backup principals and software (preferably EMC Avamar, alternatively EMC Networker, Symantec NetBackup )
- Desirable: Experience supporting, HPE Blade and Rack systems, HPE OneView,
- Desirable: Experience supporting Dell Compellent, 3Par a plus
- Desirable: Experience supporting SQL DBs.
- Desirable: Experience managing a hybrid cloud environment (AWS, Azure).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working with an IT service management (ITSM) ticketing system.
- Proficient in English.
If this role is of interest, please apply now.
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta Consultancy Services does not sponsor Visa applications.
Network Technicians are required at the Spanish office of this global non-profit organisation starting March 2020. These are English-speaking long term positions as part of a multilocation network
Long term contract in Spain with a global company providing VDI support to a variety of international end clients, kicking off in March 2020 following a single stage Skype interview. This is an
Skype for Business Administrator contract available in Valencia, providing SfB and unified communication support to a global client and its international end customers. This is a long term
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.