Wind Turbine Project Manager
This vacancy has now expired
Duties of the role:
- Manage activities of the WTG package of offshore wind farms throughout all project phases
- Prepare contract technical specifications in support of procurement activities
- Assess wind turbine suppliers' proposals during the procurement process
- Lead contract negotiations and contract management in close collaborations with the commercial, legal and claim management functions
- Manage WTG interfaces with other packages, functions and suppliers
- Support, co-ordinate and supervise WTG suppliers and related contractors as the project representative during the design, manufacturing, transport, installation and commissioning phases of the WTGs by way of project and site meetings
- Coordinate technical queries during the design, manufacturing and construction phases
- Monitor and report on project construction works, including wind turbine manufacture, transport, pre-assembly, commissioning and testing activities
- Ensure that the wind turbine suppliers comply with the requirements stipulated by the contract
- Coordinate and/or complete site inspections to monitor and record progress and quality against contractual requirements
- Ensure that health, safety and environmental site rules and best practices are observed
- Manage the assessment and rectification of defects during the construction phase
- Act as first point of contact for project colleagues, suppliers, contractors and other project stakeholders for any topics (of technical nature or regarding project management) which relate to the WTGs
- Regularly report to the wider project team on progress within the WTG package
- Act as package manager as and when required
Profile of the candidate:
- Successfully completed relevant engineering degree
- Several years of professional experience in the offshore wind or a relevant industry, specifically in the management of complex technical projects. Experience in working with WTGs preferred.
- Further training or qualification in Project Management is desirable
- Excellent English language skills suitable for technical discussions and contractual negotiations. Knowledge of German and/or Mandarin is desirable.
- Strong communication skills as well as the ability to and experience of working in interdisciplinary and international teams
- Ability to manage complex tasks and challenges within a process control structure while remaining calm under pressure
- Good knowledge of MS Office systems and other software platforms commonly used in the engineering, construction and project management industries
- Proactive interest in and identification with the renewable energy industry
Setup of the job:
- No direct reports, but occasional requirement to co-ordinate WTG team
- In practice day-to-day reporting will be to the engineering manager and/or the project director
- Requirement to travel to supplier locations around Europe and also sites and offices in Taiwan
Calling all Structural Engineers with Offshore Wind experience who are seeking opportunities with leading organisations based in Denmark with the opportunity to work on projects on a global scale.
Are you a Senior Contracts and Claims Manger looking to take on a new challenge? If so, look no further! We are currently working with a global heavy lift and renewables business who specialise in
Lincolnshire ( South Humberside)
Quanta are searching for 1 consultant who will be working as a Lead Site Technician on one of the world's largest offshore wind farm. Tasks Include: -Responsible for the Site Technicians.
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.