Automation Engineer - PCS SME
Our client, One of the world’s largest pharmaceutical organisations is responsible for developing and manufacturing medicines and vaccines for a wide range of medical disciplines. They have been responsible for the development of many blockbuster drugs in both the USA and the EU and have a presence in the USA, EU and Asia-Pacific.
With continued organisational growth and a considerable amount of investment across the portfolio and capital programme, they are seeking the expertise of an Automation Engineer to join the team on their site based in County Cork.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To be subject matter expert (SME) on PCS (Emerson DeltaV with Siemens S7 PLCs) on behalf of client.
- To direct System Integrator (SI) in scope and standard of deliverables.
- Work with Process Design team to document process descriptions for automation.
- To prepare Functional Specifications (FS’s) and communicate requirements to SI.
- To review and approve design deliverables (FS, DS, Drawings, etc.)
- Review PCS system configuration & graphics and ensure good standard of coding.
- Supervise and run Factory Acceptance Test (FAT)
- Ensure project Automation Strategy is followed.
- To have knowledge of internal Automation Initiative (PAI) and ensure adherence.
- To review A&IDs/P&IDs from an automation perspective and ensure implementation.
- Work closely with system owners, with design team, with SI and all stakeholders.
- To problem solve design as required.
- Enforcing system standards.
- Contribute positively to the design and implementation of the site PCS.
- Attend to vendor premises for pre-FAT and FAT activity.
- Ensure all applicable standards and specifications are adhered to.
- Ensure PCS meets business requirements and delivers operational functionality.
- Work closely with Automation site team on automation applications.
- Ensure that project changes are controlled.
- Have Siemens S7; OSI PI and FT Pharmasuite experience & knowledge.
- Witness installation, site acceptance test (SAT/DSAT), software installation.
- Support and execute commissioning and qualification (C&Q).
- Develop close working relationship with operations and operational readiness teams.
- Monitor progress and drive delivery.
- Troubleshooting and fault finding & fixing.
- Liaising with project management team, project engineers and system owners.
- Ensure project documentation and handover completeness.
- Work with commissioning (C&Q) and site engineering to ensure successful start-up.
- High level of expertise on DeltaV.
- Design lead experience.
- API experience (Organic Synthesis & Milling)
- Ability to work in Ireland.
- Willingness to travel.
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta part of QCS Staffing does not sponsor Visa applications.
Project Engineer - Cork - 12-Months - €50-55 per hour Quanta are looking for a Project Engineer for a 12 month project in Cork. We're looking for someone with experience in facility expansion
Process Engineer – County Cork – BioPharma – 12 month - Contract Are you looking for your next long term assignment? I am supporting Quanta's Global BioPharma client in their search for
Republic of Ireland
QA CQV Specialist - Ireland - 18+ month contract A fantastic long-term contract opportunity focusing on delivering a new vial filling line. You'll be joining the Quality team with an overview of
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.