Global Biopharmaceutical company requires a DP FG Automation Lead to work on a multi-billion-dollar project in the US.
Our client is making an investment of more than 2 Billion USD to establish a new large-scale cell culture production site in the United States to accelerate the growth of its biopharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing business.
- Provide Automation leadership and governance to a major new build project over the full lifecycle of the project from Concept through to Operations.
- Responsible for evaluation and negotiation of Automation Work packages, supporting senior project management and procurement in the selection of suppliers & sub-contractors during Design Phase including Vendor Audits.
- Provide advice and influence stakeholders on technology choices to maximise business benefit to the client and simplifying the support models of highly complex and interacting systems by using standard platforms.
- Lead a team of Engineers including safety, IT and Process control, leading the requirements gathering, coaching suppliers through design issues and supporting site engineering and operations staff with integration.
- Handover into “Business as Usual”; Developed vendor support contracts; support SOP development and deliver Training of users.
- Lead senior project stakeholders and suppliers to develop a strategy for Design Qualification and Test Planning of the control systems.
- Act as the project “responsible” for the delivery of the Process Automation systems and supporting systems within a brand new facility – working alongside the existing site based team and additional project stakeholders.
- BS in Systems/Engineering Discipline (or equivalent)
- Minimum (15 years) biopharmaceutical automation engineering project experience.
- Previous experience in automation integration within a project >$100 MM is ideal.
- Extensive knowledge across systems including DCS, MES and PLC systems – primarily within a Drug Product / Secondary manufacturing automated facility.
- Knowledge and experience of project execution for fully automated facility design.
- Experience of Systems vendor package management and design coordination.
- Knowledge and experience of Automated systems qualification.
- Good understanding of risk management methodologies, with a proven ability to apply in Bio-pharmaceutical operations.
- Team management and leadership ability – taking ownership of the formation of the Automation team supporting the new expansion programme.
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta part of QCS Staffing does not sponsor Visa applications.
Piping Black Utilities Lead - Global Biopharmaceutical Client - USA Our client is making a significant capital investment for a new biologics facility in the USA and requires a Piping Black
Junior Engineering Manager - Global Biopharmaceutical Client - USA Our client is making a significant capital investment for a new biologics facility in the USA and requires a Junior Engineering
Senior Process Engineer (CIP & Support Equipment) - Global Biopharmaceutical Client - USA Our client is making a significant capital investment for a new biologics facility in the USA and requires
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.