Construction Project Manager - Onshore Wind
This vacancy has now expired
Quanta are partnering with a leading Consultancy within the Onshore Wind and Solar PV spaces. Our client provide Owners/Lenders Engineering Construction Management services to an international portfolio of clients.
As Construction Project Manager you will mainly be managing a portfolio of projects in France and have the opportunity to manage projects across Europe and internationally. As a result this role will involve regular travel across France and overseas.
You will be tasked with hands-on construction planning and overseeing progress of projects is achieved to time and cost parameters; budgeting, planning/scheduling, organising and implementing. Additionally you will be a proactive individual who, as well as hands on Project Management has the ability to plan and organise for the bigger picture; anticipating the needs for sub-contractors, additional team resource, management of all relevant quality aspects with construction team colleagues from across the world.
Note: Paris is the preferred location however, due to the frequency of travel our client are happy to consider suitable candidates located across France. Roughly one week per month must be spent in Paris. Fluency in English and French are mandatory requirements to be considered for this role.
- End-to-end management and direction of construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Manage pre-construction and design activities
- Prepare tenders and negotiate contracts for the various phases of the works
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and monitor the contractors
- Ensure contractual conditions of performance are met
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licences
- Analyse, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Manage relationships with customers
- Participate in due-diligence reviews as the need arises
- Participate in drafting offers for new business
- Participate in hiring processes
- Proven working experience (minimum 5 years) in renewable energy construction management
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Skills in electrical engineering or AutoCAD
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Familiarity with construction management software packages
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- BS degree in construction management, engineering or related field
- Languages: French and English fluency is essential, other languages a plus.
Do you relish the opportunity to work with a leading UK based Biologics manufacturer? If yes, then this is the assignment for you! Our biotech client with manufacturing facilities just outside
Hiring now for a Software Engineer in Test to ensure software quality through both manual and automated testing. This is a permanent opportunity with an international client at their main UK location
Quanta has experienced double-digit growth since 2010. To support continuing this expansion, we are recruiting a Senior Business Unit Leader / Recruitment Manager to join our team. As a team, we
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.