Controls and Automation Engineer
This vacancy has now expired
The Control and Automation Engineer will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting the automation systems for automated utility, processing, filling, inspection, packaging and data monitoring equipment. The systems will be PLC, SCADA, and PC based.
Perform system administration (access control, software revision control, back-up and recovery).
Troubleshoot malfunctioning systems using LEAN techniques to identify and report root cause and corrective actions.
Specifying control system and control system documentation requirements for new or updated systems. Reviewing functional specifications for both hardware and software.
Technical Bid Analysis of control and automation systems based on submitted enquiry docs.
The actual programming of systems will be minimal, but the individual is expected to be able to make minor modifications to code and HMI graphics for smaller in-house changes, must be able to read logic and perform some programming as well as update control system documentation.
Individual must be capable of reading and understanding electrical control system diagrams (control panel wiring diagrams, loop drawings, panel layout drawings and schedules, etc.). Comfortable walking through control system documentation and red-lining them to reflect as built conditions. Networking experience a plus, but not a requirement.
- Understand Annex 11, 21 CFR Part 11, GAMP, and other regulatory guidance associated with computer/automation based systems.
- System administration as described above.
- Generate user requirement specifications for control systems.
- Define requirements for vendor design documentation.
- Review vendor automation design documentation (FS, SDS, HDS, DDS, requirements traceability matrix, code and logic, etc.).
- Provide support for engineering and design of automated systems
- Create and Review qualification protocols of automated systems.
- Support the execution of the qualification of automated control systems.
- Walk down control panel drawings.
- Understand and read complex logic in the form of Ladder, Function Block Diagram & Statement list.
- Understand PLC-based controllers and functionality
- Troubleshoot on low voltage control wiring
- Prepare risk assessments for automated systems
- Prepare Change Controls associated with changes to control systems
- Able to perform complex assessments for computer systems against current industry compliance requirements
- Basic understanding of sequel servers and databases is preferred.
- Confident in configuring Excel spreadsheet, spreadsheet functions and automated calculations.
- Familiarity with current industry practices and guidelines including those required/outlined by the FDA, ISO, EU and ICH.
If this is something of interest to you then please apply today to find out more information!
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta Consultancy Services does not sponsor Visa applications.
Controls & Automation Engineer - 6 months contract - North West England The Control and Automation Engineer will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting the
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.