As a GIS Specialist for the project, you will be supporting the development of the project for a major offshore wind developer who have a strong portfolio of projects including both operational assets and projects, like this in development phase.
You will be responsible for providing tailor made GIS tools, mapping services, undertaking geospatial analysis and advise on the appropriate use of geospatial data to various stakeholders.
- The translation of various datasets (offshore and onshore), manipulation of intricate data (offshore and onshore) and execution of complex queries, as well as maintenance and updates of GIS databases.
- Provision of GIS drafting/cartographic services as required by the offshore business.
- Design and develop efficient programming solutions for the enhancement of existing GIS systems, including appropriate documentation; preparing test cases and carrying out unit integration's to ensure that modified systems perform correctly.
- Provision of complex GIS analyses and data processing services to the desired quality, cost and level of trace ability.
- Develop methodologies for advanced geospatial data analysis and implement.
- Development of tools for a wide technical and non-technical user-base that enhance productivity and/or capability.
- Advanced skills with GIS (ESRI) in the context of geospatial data processing, analysis, data management and presentation.
- Python (ArcGIS); demonstrable skills in working with Arcpy library including mapping, cursors, dictionaries, lists, functions, etc.
- Python (Standard); demonstrable skills in working with default and third-party libraries; with an emphasis on Excel and CSV data manipulation using libraries such as xlrd, pandas, and numpy
- Experience working with Spatial Analysis for Hydrology, Bathymetric surveys, Geomorphology, earth moving estimations, etc.
- Experience in handling CAD to GIS Conversion
- Experience working with AutoCAD Civil 3D
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta part of QCS Staffing does not sponsor Visa applications.
Onshore Civils Manager - Offshore Windfarm Project - Contract Opportunity in London Quanta are seeking candidates with Pre-Construction Project management and Construction experience on complex
Foundation Installation Consultant - European Offshore Opportunity - 18 Months Are you an Installation Engineer with a track record of delivering foundation scopes for offshore wind projects? Are
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.