Our Partner in Tipperary area develops and supplies the active ingredients and final formulated product for a range of innovative medicines at its manufacturing and R&D facilities. The plant, which has been operating in Tipperary for over 40 years, exports to over 25 countries around the world with primary markets being Europe, USA and Japan. They are seeking a Procurement Specialist to join the team on a contract basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for this Procurement Specialist role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work closely with internal customers during tendering, negotiations, contracting and vendor management processes.
- Identify and advise internal customers and supply management of commercial risks inherent in quotations and purchase orders.
- Negotiate contracts with new and existing vendors.
- Obtaining approval at EMEA/Global level for sourcing decisions being recommended under area/s of responsibility.
- Support escalation of delivery related issues with suppliers.
- Define and manage local supplier risk profiles.
- Prepare month end KPI reports, plans completed, savings identified & realised, evaluations completed.
- Support Material Cost Reduction, Freight cost reduction supplier lead time reduction and supplier partnership development.
- Optimise supplier base to deliver improved quality and cost of service.
- Ensure compliance with the Purchasing Policy and company guidelines.
Requirements as a Procurement Specialist:
- SAP Experience, Extensive User knowledge and preferably SAP project implementation experience.
- Teamwork and ability to prioritize.
- Good knowledge of MS Office systems, Outlook, Excel-Proficiency on Excel Pivots, Charts, etc., Word, PowerPoint Presentations
- Knowledge of modern supply chain systems including ERP, e-procurement.
- Clear understanding of budgeting / forecasting.
- Strong communication skills, (verbal and written).
- Problem Solving Skills.
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta part of QCS Staffing does not sponsor Visa applications.
CQV Engineer – 12-month contract – Carlow With global demand for their life-changing oncology treatment increasing; one of our global pharmaceutical clients is looking for a CQV Engineer to
Junior Process Engineer – Contract – Ireland Our Partner in Tipperary area develops and supplies the active ingredients and final formulated product for a range of innovative medicines at its
Electrical Project Engineer – Ireland – Contract – 11 months - Pharmaceuticals Our pharmaceutical partner in the Tipperary area develops and supplies the active ingredients and final
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.