QC Microbiology Analyst
Activities within the role
- The motivation to be an inspiring member of a high performing team.
- The desire to continuously learn, improve and develop.
- Perform supporting activities for general lab readiness, laboratory equipment qualification and method transfers.
- Perform and carry out a variety of routine microbiological analytical techniques including but not limited to environmental monitoring, WFI testing, growth promotion testing, In-process product testing, Final product testing such as bioburden and both Kinetic turbidimetric and MCS rapid endotoxin testing in compliance with GMP requirements.
- To integrate and complete all documentation on time and be familiar with LIMS.
- To train and be trained in the use of Rapid microbiology techniques including but not limited to endotoxin testing, water bioburden testing, E.M testing, absence of bioburden testing and identification testing.
- Follow up-to-date analytical practices with reference to pharmacopoeias, specifications, regulations and industry standards.
- To update SOP’s and write protocols as required.
- Support the laboratory testing schedule to achieve an efficient QC system.
- Receive and manage samples that come into the lab for stability, in-process and release testing.
- Reagent preparation, cleaning, and routine equipment maintenance.
- Maintain good housekeeping and GLP within the laboratory.
- Calibrate and maintain all designated laboratory instruments.
- Participate in risk assessments, inspections, audits, incident investigations, etc. and implement and follow-up on corrective / preventative measures.
- Ensure training is current for all job functions performed.
- Assist in training new QC Analysts on routine procedures and practices.
- Order, stock and receive laboratory supplies.
- Maintain data integrity and ensure compliance with company SOPs, specifications and cGMP regulations.
- Ensure that cGMP standards are maintained at all times.
- Delivery of area performance to meet or exceed performance or quality goals.
- Promote and participate in the implementation and maintenance of the relevant safety programmes.
- This position will be on days initially but shift work will be required.
- Degree qualification (Science/Quality/Technical).
- Preference Lean Six Sigma
- Ability to respond to changing priorities.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Good aseptic technique and awareness of contamination control.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to think logically and be proactive.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative in a constructive manner.
- Flexible and self-motivated.
- 1-3 years industry experience with significant knowledge and experience in working in a microbiology lab unit and working with contract labs.
- Experience in compendial testing for water and environmental monitoring in clean room environments.
- Working knowledge of QC Systems (Empower, LIMS, Trending systems.)
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta part of QCS Staffing does not sponsor Visa applications.
Excellent contract opportunity for an operational EHS Specialist to join a global Biotechnology organist ion in Dublin. Ireland is a hive of activity for the Life Sciences industry at present, with
Equipment Engineer – Global Pharmaceutical Company – Capital Project – Dublin – long term contract Do you want to be part of one of the top 10 best companies to work for in Ireland? If
Project Manager – New Product Introduction (NPI) – Dublin – Contract As Dublin continues to embed itself as Ireland's Pharmaceutical capital, we are seeking for an NPI Project Manager to
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.