Senior Bioprocess Scientist - Technical Services - BDS
This vacancy has now expired
State of the art Biologics facility based in Dublin have a long term contract requirement for an experienced Technical Specialist with strong cell-culture knowledge to provide scientific and technical support through all phases of the product lifecycle - including technology transfer, process scale-up, process validation, routine manufacturing,
- Provide process information and analysis to facilitate process/facility fit, and qualification of a large scale Bulk drug substance facility through to NPI tech transfer startup, PPQ validation
- Provide deep technical knowledge and understanding in cell culture processes such as: vial thaw, seed expansion, seed reactors and large scale production bioreactors, including centrifugation and depth filtration steps, or downstream purification processes; large scale column chromatography steps, ultrafiltration/diafiltration steps, pH adjustment, depth/nanofiltration steps, and final fill.
- Undertake technical risk assessments to support raw material assessment for NPI
- Provide SME knowledge and understanding in BDS manufacturing processes (upstream/downstream); cause and effect, scale up principles, QRM, and process validation strategies.
- Develop strategy approaches for Technical Services in areas such as cell culture and downstream purification processes
- Providing subject-matter expertise on mammalian cell culture/downstream purification, technology transfer and manufacturing processes.
- 8 years+ experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing with expertise in Bulk Drug Substance manufacturing. Previous experience in cell culture unit operations or downstream unit operations, process/facility fit, New Product Introduction Technology Transfer.
- In-depth technical and knowledge of cell culture processing, centrifugation, depth filtration.
- Strong understanding of technology transfer, bioreactor scale-up process or scaling principles for downstream unit operations.
- Experience of Technology Transfer activities is advantageous.
- Knowledge or experience of start-up or systems would be ideal.
- Excellent communication skills, and able to effectively influence across all levels both internal and external
- Minimum undergraduate degree in chemistry, biology, engineering or related discipline.
- An advanced degree (MS, PhD) in Scientific (Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy) or Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical) highly desirable!
18 month contract - call me for full details of this vacancy!
40 hour week
Signed: _______________________________ Date: _______________________________
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta Consultancy Services does not sponsor Visa applications.
Analytical Specialist - Dublin - Contract One of our global Pharmaceutical clients is looking for an Analytical Specialist to join their team close to the picturesque and historical city of Cork.
Cell Culture Specialist - Contract - Dublin Excellent opportunity to work for a global Biotech Organisation in Dublin on a long term contract. Due to COVID-19, we are only accepting
Specialist, Leading Biotech Company, Dublin A Leading biotechnology company in Dublin require a QA Specialist- CMO (contract Manufacturing Organisation) or external quality to join them on a
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.