Senior Data Centre Technician
Senior Data Centre Technician - 6 Month Initial Contract - £210pd - £250pd
My client is one of biggest design and builder of critical facilities in the UK. They are data centre specialists and also offer their customers technical support and round the clock monitoring.
They are keen to hire a Data Centre Technician to be key part of their team and work directly with one of their biggest customers.
- Role is to support the DC infrastructure to maintain 100% up time
- Perform server/network installations and basic configuration to a level that the build engineers can access the devices remotely.
- Attend break-fix issues on the production environment with the ability to analyse and resolve swiftly within SLA.
- Perform daily DC checks looking to ensure all DC halls are secure, looking out for Infrastructure issues, hardware issues and health & safety issues.
- Monitor the incident queue using Remedy/ServiceNow ticketing systems planning up and coming work
- This position will report directly into the Operations Manager, regarding ongoing operations and providing practical support.
- Make sure all works are correctly recorded and addressed using the SNOW (ServiceNow) ticketing system
- On site responsibility for upgrades and patching
- Representing the client at all times to the customer
- Security of customer data centres
- ITIL functions
- Data centre capacities
- People supervision
- IT installations & patching
- Working with third party suppliers
- Keeping the service level high and KPI alignment
There will be an element of travel to customer data centres with this position, any overtime will be paid.
Please apply if this would be of interest and we will be in touch.
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta Consultancy Services does not sponsor Visa applications.
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.