Senior Procurement Specialist
With continued organisational growth and a considerable amount of investment across the portfolio and capital programme, they are seeking the expertise of a Senior Procurement Specialist to join the team on their site based in County Cork.
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying strategic solutions for efficiency's and delivery of improved business outcomes by developing and pursuing appropriate commercial strategies in conjunction with key stakeholders.
They will negotiate and manage robust capital delivery contracts in full compliance with internal procurement policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with project sponsors and other key stakeholders to develop a comprehensive procurement strategy identifying the key drivers, requirements, assumptions, and constraints for the project.
- Prepare and agree with stakeholders an insight-led procurement delivery plan for each package; monitor and report the progress, managing key risks and resolving issues.
- Lead all commercial activities in the procurement of major projects from end-to-end - market engagement, PQQ, tender, negotiation, and award.
- Gaining stakeholder sign off to key tender and contract documentation and approaches including evaluation criteria and negotiation strategies.
- Ensure effective handover to Contract Managers on award of the Contract, including follow up on any outstanding or post award requirements.
- Be an active member in shaping strategies and approaches; identifying and suggesting performance improvements (e.g., speed of delivery, value of savings, customer service, improvements to Systems or tools).
- Ensuring internal Procurement Practices and Policies are applied across by the Design and Construction Subcontractors
- Specifically, routinely engage and work with the project’s EP services provider to implement the agreed plan for procurement of Equipment (Process, Utility, HVAC, Electrical & Instrumentation)
- Specifically, routinely engage and work with the project’s CM services provider to implement an agreed plan for procurement of Construction subcontracts including Indirects.
- Specifically, routinely engage and work with the project team to develop and implement a procurement strategy and plan for non-EPCM aspects of the project e.g. Automation & IT, CQV services, contract personnel hiring etc.
- Assess opportunities to leverage from existing procurement plans within the internal network and implement the agreed strategy to achieve most efficient delivery and best value for the project.
- Time permitting and based on business priorities, engage with other projects to support other procurement programmes.
- Proven track record of developing complex procurement and contracting strategies.
- Experience in large infrastructure, construction or major projects, preferably in the Life Sciences Arena and ideally in the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) space.
- Passionate individuals with extensive experience of delivering procurement events from end-to-end; including strategy, market engagement, tender, negotiation, and award.
- Strong commercial acumen knowledge of the main players in the industry.
- Resilient and tenacious under pressure with an ability to think creatively to solve complex challenges with low levels of definition.
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta part of QCS Staffing does not sponsor Visa applications.
EHS - Health and Safety - Global Phamaceutical Company - 6 month contract - County Cork One of our global Pharmaceutical clients is looking for a Safety Specialist to join their team close to the
Documentation - MIDAS - Trackwise - Global Pharmaceutical Company - County Cork - 8 months One of our global Pharmaceutical clients is looking for a Documentation Specialist to join their team
Our client, One of the world’s largest pharmaceutical organisations is responsible for developing and manufacturing medicines and vaccines for a wide range of medical disciplines. They
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.