Our client, One of the world’s largest pharmaceutical organisations is responsible for developing and manufacturing medicines and vaccines for a wide range of medical disciplines. They have been responsible for the development of many blockbuster drugs in both the USA and the EU and have a presence in the USA, EU and Asia-Pacific.
With continued organisational growth and a considerable amount of investment across the portfolio and capital programme, they are seeking the expertise of an Automation Engineer to join the team on their site based in County Cork.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To be subject matter expert (SME) on VPE (Vendor Package Equipment with PLC/HMIs) on behalf of client.
- To work closely with vendors and suppliers in the integration of their packages into the site PCS (DeltaV)
- To have expertise in Siemens S7 PLCs and WinCC HMIs and the interfacing & integration of these to DeltaV and OSI PI.
- To direct System Integrator (SI) on scope and standard of deliverables.
- Work with Engineering team to ensure VPE interface scope is clear.
- To review and approve design deliverables (Architectures, FS, DS, Drawings, Data Exchange Spec, etc.)
- To ensure that all VPE control systems on the project are designed to align with internal Quality requirements and are GAMP compliant.
- Ensure that PLC & HMIs are integrated into a Configuration Management Application such as Version Dog or FT Asset center or other.To specify and design this application.
- Ensure that the Configuration Management Application is tested/qualified.
- Ensure that the PLCs and HMIs are correctly managed for Audit Trails, User Access, Cyber Security and are complaint to Data Integrity requirements.
- Supervise and run Factory Acceptance Test (FAT). Attend to vendor premises.
- Ensure project Automation Strategy is followed.
- Work closely with system owners, with design team, with IT team, with SI and all stakeholders.
- To problem solve design as required.
- Contribute positively to the design and implementation of the PCS.
- Ensure all applicable standards and specifications are adhered to.
- Ensure systems meet business requirements and delivers operational functionality.
- Work closely with vendors& suppliers to ensure integration of systems.
- Ensure that project changes are controlled.
- Have DeltaV; Siemens S7, TIA, WinCC; Profibus; Networking; Cyber security; VersionDog; FT Asset Center; ABB VFDs & MCCs; OSI PI; Weighing Systems; etc. experience & knowledge.
- Witness installation and verify site acceptance test (SAT/DSAT) & IQ/OQ of system
- Support and execute commissioning and qualification (C&Q).
- Monitor progress and drive delivery.
- Troubleshooting and fault finding & fixing.
- Ensure project documentation and handover completeness.
- Work with commissioning (C&Q) and site engineering to ensure successful start-up
- High level of expertise on Siemens S7 PLC & WinCC HMIs
- High level of expertise on integration of these systems to DeltaV, OSI PI and CLAN.
- Design lead experience.
- Experience in Pharmaceutical Milling Systems and Clean Utilities.
- Ability to work in Ireland.
- Willingness to travel.
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta part of QCS Staffing does not sponsor Visa applications.
Project Engineer - Cork - 12-Months - €50-55 per hour Quanta are looking for a Project Engineer for a 12 month project in Cork. We're looking for someone with experience in facility expansion
Process Engineer – County Cork – BioPharma – 12 month - Contract Are you looking for your next long term assignment? I am supporting Quanta's Global BioPharma client in their search for
Republic of Ireland
QA CQV Specialist - Ireland - 18+ month contract A fantastic long-term contract opportunity focusing on delivering a new vial filling line. You'll be joining the Quality team with an overview of
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.