Commercial Manager / Quantity Surveyor
This vacancy has now expired
Are you an experienced Contract Consultant looking for your next 12 month assignment?
I am working with a highly successful biopharma manufacturing facility based in South East England.
They are searching for an experienced Consultant to act as Commercial Manager on the scheduled £80 million project.
The Commercial Manager will be responsible for the management and audit of the total project budget and for financial management of the project.
The successful candidate will typically have a Quantity Surveying background with over 10 years construction industry experience within the pharma sector.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Possibility of 4 day working week for the right candidate.
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts, sub-contracts and supplier contracts.
- Strategically expand, preserve or improve procedures, reporting standards and / or policies for the benefit of the project.
- Audit the interim applications and final accounts of major contractors, engineering contractors and suppliers.
- Advising on contractual and commercial problems, to this end experience of IChemE, JCT and NEC contracts will be of advantage.
- Risk assessment with regard to commercial matters, in particular anticipated final cost.
- Reviewing, developing and maintaining operational process flows
- Ensuring that the financial aspects and impact of a contract are clear to all parties.
- Advising on procurement procedures to achieve value for money within the context of pharma projects, to this end a knowledge of the pros and cons of CM, MC, D&B and Lump Sum contracts and their procurement is essential.
- Assessing, commenting and supporting the Client in regard to Contractors cost plans and allowances.
- Establishing and maintaining overall client cost reporting.
- Monitoring, interrogating, integrating and incorporating cost reports provided by main suppliers and contractors.
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta part of QCS Staffing does not sponsor Visa applications.
Regulatory Affairs Specialist– Contract – Hertfordshire– Pharmaceuticals Our global Pharmaceutical client based in Hertfordshire is searching looking for a Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Junior Validation Engineer – Contract – Buckinghamshire – Pharmaceuticals Our global Pharmaceutical client based in Buckinghamshire is now looking for a Junior Validation Engineer to
Validation Engineer – Contract – Buckinghamshire – Pharmaceuticals Our global Pharmaceutical client based in Buckinghamshire is now looking for a Validation Engineer to join their team on a
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.