Would you like the opportunity to work for a company that turned over approximately £2.5bn in construction projects last year, and be part of continuing this success? Our client is a leader in the Construction sector, and is looking for a Design Manager to assist a variety of their projects.
What you'll be doing:
- You will deliver a quality service and product to our Clients in line with the project goals by working with the professional team and applying systems, procedures and culture.
- Review the quality and completeness of the design produced by the Design Team, Design Partners and Contractors and ascertain its ability to be built in accordance with both the cost plan, schedule and site Health & Safety requirements.
- To support the on-site construction team in the resolution of design related issues in a timely manner to prevent an affect on the construction programme and with awareness of the commercial implications the resolution may produce.
- Audit the design and identify inconsistencies, discrepancies and missing information and record, report and track the close out of these items in an Information Required Schedule (IRS) format
- Identify and manage risk from drawings, specifications, design release dates, programme and procurement
- Chair design workshops with the trade contractors, develop the design, workshop drawings and manage the coordination between trades
- Identify potential design or quality issues and latent defects and to manage the design development of these with the design team to provide a suitable resolution
- Work closely with the BIM team to review status of clashes, coordination and model development.
- Oversee the Document Control process and the use of the CDM, putting in place appropriate processes to ensure information is reviewed by the appropriate person in a timely fashion.
- Attend morning review meetings and action design information
- Produce precise and succinct design sections for project reports
- Offer buildability advice and value engineering solutions
- Provide input into Contractors Proposals (CP's) document for D&B projects
- Compile, attend and present at and pre-construction/tender meetings, both internally and externally
- Attend site on a regular basis to ensure that the works are being constructed generally in accordance with the contract drawings, specifications and schedules
- Knowledge and experience of German Planning Regulations & Permit Process
- Fluent in German
- Knowledge and experience with German Construction Regulations & Codes
- Prior construction/design management experience or Architectural or M&E qualifications
- Industry experience - Track record of successfully delivering large scale industrial projects. Experience of Data centre projects is preferred, however is not a requirement
- An ability to work with end users
- Understands the pre-construction process. Can organise and manage the design phase of a large scale project, whilst also carrying out other tasks, such as tenders and reviews in other areas
- Preferably has been involved in at least one large (£100m+) project
If you're a Design Manager and are fluent in German - please apply now!
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta part of QCS Staffing does not sponsor Visa applications.
Lead Commercial Management role - Leading Construction Specialist - Exciting Contract role Would you like the opportunity to work for a company that turned over approximately £2.5bn in
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.