Export Cable Installation Engineer
Are you passionate about playing a role in the green energy transition? Do you want to work for one of the best-established developers in offshore wind? This Export Cable Installation Engineer position is for you!
Our client are a leading developer in the industry, owning and developing projects across all major and emerging offshore wind markets. They are now recruiting with a superb new opportunity for an experienced Cable Installation Engineer to join them as a contractor based in Yorkshire.
Export Cable Installation Engineer Responsibilities:
- Provide design, construction and delivery support to the package team.
- Evaluate, manage and coordinate the delivery of the onshore export cable works
- Review specifications and technical documentation to allow Project’s engagement with the EPCI contractor
- Be responsible for review of the technical analysis and definition of the project onshore works
- Maintain an effective and systematic planning and control of project electrical design and works (in what concerns cost, deadline, quality and safety)
- Ensure control of the deadlines and quality aspect.
- Provide risk management plans of the cable packages as part of an overall project risk management strategy.
- Provide technical support as necessary
- Ensure the definition of consent and environment conditions associated with the onshore works and management of compliance during project lifetime are applied to the works.
- Provide support in resolution of routing and cable ducting related technical issues.
- Provide support in resolution of HVDC cable related technical and installation issues.
- Degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering
IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent
Safety Passport / SMSTS or equivalent
- 5 + years’ work experience with a proven track record in onshore HV cabling installation and civil works.
- Experience in long landfall HDDs required. Contractual negotiation experience will be valued.
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of quality requirements and risks in cable installation environment.
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta part of QCS Staffing does not sponsor Visa applications.
Works Package Manager – Offshore Wind – Contract – Denmark Do you want to work with a world leader in offshore wind? This opportunity is currently available to a Works Package Manager to
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.
I manage this role.