IR35 draft legislation takeaways
Today, 11th July 2019, the government has published the draft legislative rules for Off-payroll working in the private sector, as part of the provisions for the Finance Bill 2020 and their commitment to a competitive and fair tax system.
Since the consultation there hasn’t been any dramatic changes, however, below are Quanta’s key takeaways from the publication:
- The government will simplify the test for small businesses, reducing the complexity in applying the rules.
- For those end clients where the company ceases to be small, the client will be brought into the scope of the rules from the start of the tax year following the filing date at which it ceases to qualify as small under the Companies Act 2006 test.
- The end client is required to pass the status determination to the agency and now, also the worker directly to improve the clarity of their tax position.
- The transfer of liability will stand and is intended to be used in circumstances in which, for example, a promoter of tax avoidance has entered into the labour supply chain.
- End clients must now demonstrate reasonable care and the government will set out the minimum requirements for the ‘status disagreement process’. This will ensure workers can expect the same treatment regardless of which end client they engage with.
- CEST is likely to get a revamp but we aren’t sure what that will look like just yet, so watch this space…
For further detail, click here for the summary of responses.
Whether you sit inside or outside IR35 or you’re looking for your next permanent position, we can help you find what you’re looking for. View our latest vacancies now, or if you’re an employer looking for top talent across life sciences, renewables and ICT, take a look at our client section.
Shift Team Leader - Global Energy from waste Contractor - 6- 18 Months. Permanent and Contract opportunities available. Our client is looking to secure their team of Shift Team Leaders for a
Validation Specialist , Up to £50k, Oxfordshire Are you a Validation professional with experience in Process Validation? Are you looking to take the next step in your career and be part of an
CSV - Laboratory Systems - Global Pharmaceutical Company - 6 months Do you want to be involved with exciting Pharmaceutical projects? When it comes to the development and production of
Global Biotechnology organisation requiring a QP to join their team! Dublin is a hub for the Life Sciences Sector at present with major global players investing in manufacturing facilities here.
Civil Supervisors - Global Energy from Waste Project - 6- 18 Months. Permanent and Contract options available Our client is looking to secure their team of Civil Supervisors for multiple global New