Staffing large-scale CapEx projects in the US
One of the world’s leading manufacturers of biopharmaceuticals had invested in a multimillion-dollar, state-of-the-art, large-scale manufacturing facility in North Carolina. Having previously partnered on projects with the client across Europe, Quanta approached them with a proposal.
With their biggest project to date, our client was facing:
1. A large workforce to build.
2. Roles to be filled across the full project lifecycle.
3. A need for highly skilled and technical managers required to lead the project.
As emerging staffing specialists in the US, Quanta had the additional pressure of working against competitors already well established in the country.
Qualified client requirements: held virtual weekly Microsoft Teams meetings with the client to establish needs for the project, setting expectations, budgets, and deadlines.
Market Insight: used our 20 years of life sciences contract staffing knowledge and dedicated sales and delivery team to study the US market and identify our niche. Attracted candidates to become independent contractors with Quanta with our quick payment turnarounds and competitive rates.
Engaged with passive marketplace: headhunted talent due to finish projects within the area, forward loading them to our client’s project.
Built candidate base: used LinkedIn, our specialist job boards, existing database, expansive network and dedicated Delivery Executive team to build a pool of top-quality candidates. We also offered referral fees to our network to source and supply trusted talent.
Candidate care: using our dedicated candidate care programme and transparent approach, we built excellent rapport with our candidates. Through our early sourced leads, we built a network of recommended contractors that had successfully worked together before.
Compliance assistance: as a US payroll compliant organisation, our Compliance team assisted contractors to acquire local insurance and helped facilitate quick payments to contractors through our InTime automated payment system.
Cost savings: worked to the client’s budget, offered a pre-identified and pass through hire service including assistance onboarding contractors at a reduced rate.
1. Made 47 placements for the project, 17 of which were department lead roles.
2. Filled roles within: CQV, IT, CSV, Marketing, Documentation, Construction, Design, Procurement and Finance disciplines.
3. Became their preferred and exclusive partner for all contract technical resources on the project.
4. Continue to work alongside the client for the project, finishing in 2025.
5. Continue to work in other projects across Europe and the US for the client.
6. Continue to source top Life Sciences talent in the US from within our newest North Carolina based office.