Supporting a major European CapEx project
Our client, a global CDMO that provides complete solutions in pharmaceutical manufacturing, were looking to expand its large-scale biologics production facility in Denmark.
As a major capital investment equalling over $900 million, our client were facing the following challenges:
- A large workforce to recruit
- A difficult, remote location to attract candidates to at a time where significant ongoing Capital investment projects are being rolled out globally
- Multiple disciplines to be filled across the project lifecycle with a limited ”talent pool” across the relevant skillsets
Qualified client requirements:
- Held virtual weekly Microsoft Teams meetings with the client to establish needs for the project, setting expectations, budgets, and deadlines.
- A minimum of a one week per month spent onsite with the client and project team establishing needs and understanding the schedule and forecast for 6, 12 and 18 months ahead.
Engaged with passive marketplace:
- Headhunted talent from finished projects within the area, forward loading them to our client’s project.
- Several exercises completed to populate the very best highly skilled individuals within the CAPEX/Engineering space which included populating ahead of time the various disciplines that may be required sharing regular updates with the client leadership team.
Built candidate base:
- Built a dedicated Delivery Executive team and appointed Account Support for the project. Used LinkedIn, specialist job boards and expansive network to build a pool of top-quality candidates.
- Referral campaign in place throughout the duration of the project to encourage our network to share recommendations.
- Using our dedicated candidate care programme and transparent approach, we built excellent rapport with our candidates. The vast majority of new consultants joining the project are a direct result of this relationship as they are often recommended to the team at Quanta.
- Through our early sourced leads, we built a network of recommended contractors that had successfully worked together before.
- Multiple trips to the project by our dedicated sales and delivery team were completed, discussing the project with clients and contractors and providing entertainment.
- As a Denmark payroll compliant organisation, our Compliance team assisted contractors to acquire local insurance and helped facilitate quick payments to contractors through our InTime automated payment system.
- Location support was also provided for international contractors, supporting with accommodation and travel. Location guides were created to help contractors navigate the local area.
- Post Brexit; Additional processes were put in place by the internal team at Quanta as well as our local partner to ensure all UK consultants acquired the relevant right to work in Denmark.
- Wherever possible, we sourced local contractors to save relocation costs. On occasions when this was not possible due to shortage of local skills, we engaged with our network of consultants who are prepared to relocate for a major project which were always delivered on time and within budget.
- We worked to the client’s budget, offered a pre-identified and pass through hire service including assistance onboarding contractors at a reduced rate.
- Overarching agreement with the customer included a volume-based model to reduce costs over extended periods and based on number of consultants engaged.
- 367 placements made since 2019 (including extensions)
- A current HIF in 2023 of 130 contractors
- Securing 3 further global projects with the client in Europe, UK and USA
- Placed contractors across 8 disciplines (CQV, Project Management, Project Controls, QAV/Project quality, Construction, Design, Process engineering, Automation/CSV)
- Localised agreement to include the engagement of consultants identified by the client directly.
- Quanta are the number 1 supplier of contract based resource to the projects on site in Denmark.