Assistant Construction Manager
This role directly supports the Construction manager in delivering data centres builds and upgrades, supporting infrastructure across the estate to meet their live services and customer needs.
You will be responsible for supporting or managing the Design and Construction of Data Centre offerings and associated infrastructure to budget and programme. Encompassing – Procurement, Budget Allocation, Design and Supply Chain Management, Risk Management, Health & Safety and Commissioning.
What Will I Be Doing?
- Demonstrate budgetary and programme control over complex projects
- Quality: Ensuring site project works including internal and contractor works meet design specifications and are carried out according to quality management procedures
- Sets up and manages support functions covering planning, tracking, reporting, quality management and internal communication.
- Assists in the management of design process from RIBA stage 3 onwards.
- Produces consolidated reporting to the Construction Manager / Head of Construction, including milestone summary, key issues, risks, benefits, summary of costs incurred.
- Reviews project activities for compliance with procedures and standards.
- Stakeholder management across all parties (Interface with Clients, Architects, Designers and Contractors) to ensure a high performing project management team and supply chain that delivers the Construction projects to agreed budgets and programmes.
- Identification and notification of technical and commercial risks associated with site works
- Safety: Ensuring site project work is carried out according to safety policy and procedures.
- An ambassador for the business, with a focus on the design and building of our data centre offerings
So What Do They Need?
- University Degree in related field preferred (Civil / Electrical/Mechanical Engineering)
- 3 - 5+ years’ experience in construction management
- Prior experience in Data Centre construction desirable but not essential
- Self-starter, able to identify and proactively manage situations as they arise
- Good people engagement skills; able to get full co-operation from the team.
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of software
- Knowledgeable with Project Management software and best practice (Asta Powerproject preferred)
Great, I'm Keen, What Now?
Apply Apply Apply! Click the applicable button, get in touch with Quanta!
We can then have a conversation to give you more detail about the role or company.
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta Consultancy Services does not sponsor Visa applications.
Would you like to discuss an opportunity at one of the UK's fastest growing Data Centres at their facility in Slough? Join an organisation looking to develop, grow and train there own staff within the
Send us your CV
Our candidates are the cornerstone of our organisation and we are always looking to connect with new professionals who are seeking their next contract assignment or career opportunity.